Chapter Thirty Nine

“Your husband is pretty moody,” Maggie sighed as she slumped into the chair across from me.

 I didn’t bother lifting my eyes to look at her, I could feel her burning gaze on me as I stuck my fork into the bowl of honey chicken and singapore noodles. Giving her a slight shrug, I just replied with, “You accused him of smothering me. No wonder he went to the bar.”

He went to the bar for other reasons, but I knew he was pissed at her. He’d most likely have gone for a run to cool off before he turned into his wolf and ripped her apart. I could feel that was what he wanted to do. She was here two days and already becoming a pain in my ass.

Maybe this is why we’d only ever been texting friends, and hadn’t really spent any time together. I was still wondering how long she was planning on staying, she seemed to think it was until after the baby had been born. Uh, like hell it was. I didn’t need people living with us when we were trying to figure out how to take care of a newborn, a newborn who turned into a wolf.

“Chill out babe, I was kidding. I didn’t know you wasn’t allowed to go out for a girl’s night away,” she sighed again and took a heavy bite from her fork. “Plus if he can go to the pub then why can’t you go stay in the city with me and spend a chunk of his money?”

She couldn’t be serious right now. “Because I’m pregnant, that’s why!”

Being pregnant and going out wasn’t high on my agenda, and Judd would have a literal bitch fit if I even brought it up. He wanted to keep me close and safe. Being apart would utterly kill me, the sexual frustration would drive me mad.

I needed my man close.

Have you told her yet? Judd’s voice rang clearly into my mind.

Rubbing my neck, I glanced up at Maggie and hoped I wasn’t giving anything away as I spoke back to him. Can’t you do it for me?

No.

Well that was direct. I don’t want to hurt her feelings.

That was true. I hated to make someone feel bad, and letting Maggie know that I’d rather if she went home, it wasn’t something as simple as inviting her over for coffee. I was kicking her out, and she had only just gotten here. That wasn’t going to go down well no matter how many times I played it out in my mind.

Like she gives a fuck about yours. She’s insulting you Elle. She’s treating you like a fucking pushover and you’re allowing it! Was his bark back to me.

I gritted my teeth, having a mental conversation with my mate was doing my head it. Can I push you over and ride your cock?

He was silent for a moment and my body immediately began to flush with his reply. Naked. Bed. Now!

My man was in the mood to fuck.

“So movie? I was thinking we could watch the notebook, or saw?”

I rasied a brow, “That’s an odd selection and I haven’t seen the notebook so Saw is out of the running. But I’ll need to take a raincheck, I’m going to head to bed. Pretty tired and my feet are aching and all.”

“It’s not even eight, you’re so boring!” she muttered and pushed her lip out. “I came to visit and this place is so crappy, we do nothing and now you’re going to bed early. Do you have a bedtime or something, I mean geeze, the man isn’t even here. I’m sure you can watch a movie and lay on the couch if your feet are aching.”

Ouch. My mind was screaming you’re a bitch!! Go home!!

Instead, I went to apologise and tell her I’d watch the movie with her. Until his thunderous voice startled us both.