Chapter Thirty Five

Lying down on the sofa, I threw the green and light grey chevron pillow up and caught it again. It was amazing what some colour could do in our home. Judd pacing around the room and letting his thoughts run wild as he kept silent. Just his footsteps were patting down the hardwood flooring. 

He was considering my request, as Luna I had asked if he would allow me to speak to the women. They were acting out, more so the younger ones and he was growing frustrated by the day as were I. By doing this, they’d know just how serious I am about Judd. Not that I needed to prove my point to anyone else other than him, but for them to question my integrity and devotion to him was beginning to become more hurtful.

The fact one of their own tried to take me out, it was ridiculous.

Pausing, Judd kept his eyes ahead. “You would have the meeting where I told you to, and I want my brother to be there, or the Beta.”

I caught the pillow again and rested it against my stomach. “Yes.”

I wasn’t going to be making any type of demand, I would do as he said and hoped he agreed.

“You will answer me through our link if I call for you, no ignoring me like before,” he spoke again, his voice becoming more warning and serious.

“Yes,” I replied, a soft whisper.

Judd, turning around so he now faced me, nodded. “One hour is all I will allow. If they try and attack you, I will know about it.”

“I know you will, you’re the Alpha. No-one can get away with anything around you,” I smiled up at him. It was definitely true.

Leaning down over the couch, Judd gave me a soft smile. “Ok Luna, you may hold your own women’s pack meeting and make whatever you want known.”

“I’m going to tell them that they can’t look at you naked. If they do, you’re going to snap their necks,” I smirked with a slight giggle.

Raising a questioning brow as his eyes danced with humour, “Really? You’re going to say that?”

“Babe, you’re mine and that naked ass of yours is only mine also. Anyone looks, and they’ll have an extremely hormonal, pregnant mate of yours to deal with,” I said with a laugh.

He chuckled back and dropped down to his knees. “Elle baby, you’re the only one I want eye fucking me.”

Oh baby, I do. I sure as hell do that on a daily basis.

It wasn’t how I expected it to be. In my mind, when I walked in the town hall I had envisioned maybe thirty women. There was close to one hundred, all with their children as well. It was hard not to be extremely intimidated, they weren’t smiling or giving me glances of happiness. They were glaring, and frowning.

Judd would have a field day with this, I could just imagine him barking orders down of respect.

No-one ever dared to look at him in such a disrespectful way, it was really upsetting that they were assuming things with me. Here I was trying to start a life here with Judd and adapt to their living ways, and they try to intimidate me.

Theo was close by, as was Susan who sat in the front row. Probably the only woman here who actually liked me. I was carrying her grandchild after all. A point Judd had been strict about to Theo, he was to protect me with his life or he’d end his brothers without a blink of an eye.

Those two really loved to piss each other off.

Taking a deep breath, I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked around. I had no idea what the hell to even say. There was one woman sobbing near the back, and my heart squeezed as I realised it was the mother of the teenage girl who died today.