Chapter Forty Five

Theo’s bloody body, lay naked on the floor with a chunk missing from the side of his neck. Judd’s posture like a cold stone beside me as he stared down at his brother. He was frozen, unable to do anything and it wasn’t like him. Moments ago, he was in attack mode and now he looked completely unsure what to do 

Lifting my hand out, I wrapped my fingers around his wrist and gently squeezed. He didn’t respond.

Time was running out, who knew what was out here. Lurking in the depths of the forest and for all I was sure of, we all have a bullseye target stuck to our foreheads. If someone was still preying on us, we needed to act fast and move now.

Judd needed me, and I had to help somehow. In this moment, I had to think like Judd. I had to take control for the Alpha and be the Luna that stood by her man, tall and proud. Who took care of his pack. My pack.

Without thinking, I dropped to my knees and put my hand over the gaping hole through his neck. “Someone do something now!” I shouted, trying to apply some sort of pressure. Eyes searching the grass for anything as I pushed the chunk of flesh back into place and magically hoped it would grow over like Judd’s skin done when he cut his finger. Even though this was completely different, I had to hope. My fingers covering with blood as I noticed Steven’s shoes on. “Give me your socks!” I urged him.

“I’m sorry?” he asked, looking confused.

“Don’t ask questions, get your shoes and socks off now!” I screamed, tears filling my eyes and stinging as I willed them not to fall.

Steven moved quickly, I think he done it for my own peace of mind that I was actually saving his life but we at least had to try something. He couldn’t just be dead? I cant think that way. Steven handed both his socks and I worked fast tying them together and then sliding one end under Theo’s neck and bringing it to meet around the other, giving it a loop, I tied it hard to keep pressure and hopefully slow the bleed.

My eyes landed back on Steven, he was pack doctor. My eyes zoning in on him as I left Judd’s side and walked towards him, “Get him to your surgery Steven,”

“Luna,” he began protesting. “He’s-”

No. “Any of you mention that word and I’ll pull your teeth out myself,” I growled low, giving everyone a look that told them I was completely serious.

I had to channel my inner bitch and be arrogant about it. The best I could, I had to think like Judd and speak like him. As much as I hated it, I had to the be woman people would probably start to hate.

Snapping my fingers, I gained there full attention again. Pointing from Steven to Theo, “Now! You get him to your house and do whatever it takes to fix him. He’s not dead until he’s cold.” Bending down, I ran my fingers over Theo’s still warm body, finishing my sentence, “and he’s nowhere near cold Steven!”

“Yes Luna.” He bowed his head in submission, not looking the slightest bit pleased about it.

Steven went to lift Theo but Judd seemed to have snapped out whatever trance he was in and let his fist flew into the side of Stevens jaw, “don’t touch him!” he snarled. Canines out, eyes swelling over as he began to slowly growl.

Judd was looking for a fight, but with the wrong people.

“Alpha. I need to take him,” Steven said, not flinching nor did he rub his jaw where the red mark was prominently swelling. I take it he was used to being clocked in the face. “The Luna ordered me to take him.”

“I said no!” Judd thundered, his jaw tense and clenching.

Steven was looking more confused than ever, “Alpha, Luna, I need to know which order to follow?”