Chapter 8 ♟-

Karin -
I finished my interview at this fashion firm in Manhattan. I think it went great but they have the final decision.
I just got home and slipped out my shoes. I grabbed my phone seeing a missed FaceTime from Dave and a text telling me to call him when i can.
I will call him once i shower and change.
I went upstairs connecting my phone to the beats pill and listening to some polo G. I love some rap music.

I stripped outta my clothes walking into my bathroom.

I looked in the mirror scanning my body while the shower warmed up. I had a nice shape, i guess you can say i get it from my mama.

I groaned just at the thought of my mom. My mom was a beautiful woman with thick hips and a nice round butt. She was my inspiration until she turned to drugs. She lost her beautiful looks and her nice body, her once smooth skin is now covered in needle pricks and scratches. Her youthful skin is now aged 20 years past her true age.

The last time i seen my mom was my 18th birthday. She was high as a kite and didn't even know who i was. It's like she just blocked all her memories of me.

So i try to do the same.. i never needed them before and i won't start now. All i need is my grand ma and Jadya. They been around through everything and they always ready to fight whoever about me.

My grandma was there for me when my parents weren't, giving me a roof over my head and clothes on my back. But i still acted out running to the streets. I regret that time in my life and i learned from it and now look at me.

Graduation was next week, i followed my dream and now i am falling in love.

I broke out of my thoughts seeing steam filled the bathroom. I quickly got into the warm water letting it hit my skin.

———
Once i got out the shower i wrapped my towel around me. My phone started to ring over the beats pill.

I walked over to it seeing it was Dave. I answered.

He was outside and i heard loud music and talking.
"What you on ma?" He asked me smiling.
"Nothing just got out the shower. You look good."

"Thank you baby, you trynna do me a favor tho?" He asked me.

"Depends" i told him.
"Can you come pick me up? I wanna see you and i didn't drive here." He said doing his signature smirk.
I rolled my eyes "yeah let me get dressed and I'll be on my way."
"Keep rolling them eyes and they gone roll away on yo ass. But thanks ma imma send you my location can you stop past a store on the way and get me some vanilla woods and some papers."
"Yeah i can But Okay I'll call you when i leave."
"Aight baby"

I hung up on his ass. Throwing my phone on my bed. Dave ass purposely didn't drive so he would have a reason for me to come get him so he can see me. I Been limiting our time together because we still trynna get back to where we used to be.

Dave has been planning our date and that's all i know he won't tell me when, what, how or why. He just been saying it's something that's going to be special to the both of us.

I'm nervous and excited because it's our first date.

I slipped into something comfortable before grabbing my pure and heading out the door. I hooked up the GPS and headed to the gas station to get gas and Dave's stuff.

 I hooked up the GPS and headed to the gas station to get gas and Dave's stuff