27. It's time

Hi peeps! erm soorrrrrryyyyyy I haven't updated in sooooo long! I just haeven't really been in the mood, but I wrote this a month ago and forgot to update it ;{ ah well, hope you enjoy ^_^

________________________________________________________________________________

A week has passed since Jace woke up. It wasn't as happy as she had imagined it to be. She hoped... she hoped that for a decent span of time, they would be able to embrace their happiness - Jace was her life and was all she had. She hoped that he would greet her with warm smiles all throughout the week, with endless kisses and uncontrollable love. But she should've known better. When was life ever easy for her? Could life spare her a single few minutes of happiness; could it?

She stared down at her white funeral dress - a thin white material that flowed gently to the ground, and was short in the front and went down to her feet at the back. She stared in the mirror at her wavy hair that was pinned up in a styled red bun with her fringe resting at the side.

Izzy walked quietly into Clary's room and smiled at Clary half-heartedly.

"You're beautiful," she said. And Clary thought that it was crazy, Izzy always told her that she was beautiful when Iz was so much better. But she chose not to speak - this was not the moment for it. Instead, she waved it away and continued about the funeral.

"I miss Alec. You know? I mean I know I was never as close to him as you were, but losing his presence created a hole in my heart. And I've wondered... I've wondered, that if Sebastian didn't have the satisfaction of knowing about Alec's death, then would've everything he has caused really happened? Like I just..." Clary paused for a moment. "What am I saying? I don't even know anymore.."

Izzy sat on Clary's bed, and they shared a few moments of silence.

"Is Jace attending the funeral?" Izzy questioned.

"I would think so. I couldn't imagine him missing it for a second. Although he isn't fit to go anywhere with the heavenly fire still burning in him, because ever since he found out about Alec, he didn't let anyone into his room. Not even me..."

Izzy hugged Clary, resting her head on her shoulders, and then pulled away whilst tilting her head and tightening her lips.

A knock rang through the room by Clary's door, and they both looked up to see Jocelyn standing there in a flawless white long dress with frills down the side.

"It's time," she said, before leaving the room.

Izzy ran out of the room to get her stuff, whilst Clary leant down and picked up her speech, as well as her phone. She stared at her seraph blade and her stele at the edge of the table, and considered taking it. And she knew about the disrespect it held bringing weapons there if you weren't a guard at the funeral. She should trust them to look after her. But she didn't. She didn't want to trust anyone.

She grabbed her weapons off the table, shoving them both into her boot, and headed down to the front door.

---------

She sat in the car, unmoving, and listened to the sound of her heartbeat alone. It was crazy, she thought. How perhaps a year ago, she was sitting on the couch, perhaps laughing at a funny movie whilst throwing popcorn into Simon's hair. Her worries consisted of being accepted at school, and she was probably worried about how her art career would've ended up too. And she pondered on these thoughts, as she trailed her fingers across the rim of the car window, and stared at all the happiness of humans around them. And she looked at the tall trees that hovered tall above the road, with bright green leaves hanging on to the branches and the warm sun peeking desperately through the trees. She saw so much beauty in the world, and she didn't know if she would ever be able to appreciate that beauty ever again.

The car came to a holt, and Clary stepped out of the door, followed by Izzy, Simon and Jace who was in her car. She had barely taken notice of him, or really anyone in fact. She eyed him, and he stared back at her. He looked completely normal; you wouldn't have noticed the heavenly fire blazing in his skin unless you looked awkwardly close . He held a firm expression as he walked a few strides in front of Clary and stared back at her. And then, he broke. He ran and hugged her tight, and she smiled into the hug and returned the gesture. He stepped back, and smiled at her.

"I don't want to burn you, so I can't hug you for too long. But I want you to know that I'm sorry about the past week, I just.. I'm trying to figure myself out. I believed that once I finally broke free and woke up, everything would be so much easier, but I guess it's not. And, and I just wanted you to know that I love you. So much." Jace spoke.

Clary smiled. "I love you too... And I missed you, I really did."