5. Consumed by Darkness

After long moments of reading the letter and taking the sight in, someone spoke up for the first time in what felt like ages.

"Everyone go to to bed, I will talk to the Clave about this," Maryse said.

And that was that. Everyone headed off to their rooms, except for the parents. As the others walked, they dreaded receiving nasty nightmares. Hopefully, they wouldn't come.

"Jace?" Clary called.

"Yes babe?" Jace responded turning his head towards Clary.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

"Of course."

Jace gripped Clary's hand, and gently pulled her into his room.

"Go to sleep darling," Jace whispered closing the door.

They got into bed; Jace wrapping his arms around her small figure. Clary started tracing circles on his chest.

"I love you Clary."

"I love you too Jace."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

An angel took Clary and Jace, cradling them in its soft, white wings. The white light that radiated of the lower angels body stung their eyes. But suddenly, the beautiful white light disappeared and was replaced with a black glow. The angels was turning a strong black, the colour spreading from its body and finishing at its wings. The angel smiled a smile of evil, and pointed its hand at Jace. A flash came out of its hand, and struck Jace hard. He lay there motionless. Clary screamed a cry of sadness and anger, and looked up to see the angels still evil smile plastered on his face. The angel raised its hand ready to strike Clary, but she couldn't care less.
"Jace, Jace!" Clary screamed and shrieked. She kept on repeating his name. The angel then struck her, and she felt an immense pain flowing through her body, as if she was thrown into a pit of fire while her limbs were being torn apart. She continuously cried out. Her body in pain, but also seeing Jace die right before her eyes was the worst.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Clary awoke screaming in Jace's bed.

"Sh it's okay Clary, you were just dreaming. It wasn't real it's okay." Jace stroked Clary's back. Tears were pouring from her face. Jace wiped her face gently.

"It's alright Clary. It's alright. Go to sleep." Jace rocked her in his arms, and kissed her forehead. She drifted off to sleep, with Jace looking at her. He slid his hand through her beautiful red hair, and her perfect face. He soon drifted off to sleep too.

--

Sebastian stood inside Jace's room in the institute. Jace was sleeping together with Clary. Oh, how that made him mad. He walked over to Jace, giving him a good blow in the head that would knock him unconscious so he wouldn't wake up. Blood was dripping out of his head. Sebastian then moved on to Clary, who was already screaming. Not wanting to hurt her, he drew the rune of sleep - the same one that Jace drew on Clary when he was possessed by Lilith. She then fell unconscious as well.

"Oh how vulnerable and hopeless they are." Sebastian smiled evilly.
"Laon!" Sebastian called, and an infernal shadowhunter dashed in through Jace's doors.
"Take them to the prisons."