9. Another Day in Hell

Alec and Izzy went into Jace and Clary's rooms; Alec grabbing Jace's seraph blade and Izzy taking Clary's witchlight. They haded for the training room where Tessa awaited. Deciding to to try the tracking runes first, Izzy and Alec traced a tracking rune on their palms and held the items in their hands. Shutting their eyes, they searched for their location. But somehow, their eyes did not meet with any location. It wasn't working.

They opened their eyes at the same time, looking at each other and shaking their heads.

"Sebastian probably placed them in an area that blocks tracking runes," Alec suggested.

"Wow, he really did think this through. This is not going to be easy," Isabelle sighed. She turned and handed Tessa Clary's witchlight, hoping that this would work. It had to. It simply must. Tessa was someone who Sebastian didn't know about, and if this didn't work, then they had no idea what would.

Tessa took the object in her hand, remembering the familiar feeling she felt the other day when she changed to Isabelle... that was her and Jace's little secret.

She clutched it hard, feeling herself moving away from the dark and towards the light, grasping onto her memories. She felt her body change around her, only very slightly to eventually become Clary's shape.

As she reopened her eyes, she looked down to see Clary's shape. Looking back up, they stood in awe, but quickly regained their calmness.

"So, do you know where you are?" Alec asked the changed Tessa.

"I'm stuck here with Jace. In a prison cell. But I don't know where I am." Tessa said.

"Would Jace know?"

"No he wouldn't."

"Alright," Alec nodded to Tessa signalling for her to change back. "What are we going to do now.."

"I don't know. I guess we will just have to wait and keep on trying, just in case there's a moment where they can be tracked. or they know where they are," Isabelle sighed.

And at that moment, everyone else came through the training room door.

"So how did it go?" Maryse asked.

Isabelle put on a saddened face. 
"It didn't work."