23. A Happier Chapter ^_^

“No… no it can’t be true...” Maryse stood shaking her head and squeezing her eyes shut. The majority of the others stood motionless, unable to comprehend the emotions flowing through them. They had, really, just listed the worst thing that could happen, and they now mystically get a note from Sebastian confirming their thoughts. Talk about hellish coincidences.

“He really could just be playing with us. I mean you’d never know,” Tessa suggested.

“Yeah, until a massive army of angels comes and dominates us all… I think we should just trust that it’s true for now and if it isn’t, then we’d be bloody thankful for that,” Izzy stated.

“I agree.” Robert once again picked up the knife and handed it to Magnus, who had been standing there silently the whole time. “Magnus… I know this is hard, but tomorrow, could you by some chance figure out if there is any other weapon that could destroy this blood? In other words, those angels? Or look at how the blood was formed... if that is even possible, but if anyone can do it it’s you.”

Magnus nodded silently and took the knife before walking away. He seemed distant. He WAS distant.

“And, I really don’t know what else there is to do. But please, everyone, just do something to help out. Alright?” Robert sighed.

Everyone either nodded or replied with a simple ‘yes’, before returning to their respected places. Except Jordan and Maia.  They stood still, Maia quite shaken up about it.

“Come on Maia, we need to get to sleep,” Jordan whispered in a sweet voice.

“I don’t really want to,” Maia sighed.

He gently circled her small wrist in his hands. He laughed. “You need to sleep girl, we’re not shadowhunters.”

She tilted her head to the side. “No, as in I won’t be able to sleep. Not after this. Even if I don’t stay up I would just get horrible nightmares.”

Jordan stood silently. Not because he couldn’t respond, but because he didn’t want to. They stared into each other’s eyes, feeling pure desire in each other. He let go of her wrist and gently curled her beautiful dark hair in his fingers, and her breath hitched as his hand gently touched the skin on her face. He moved his hand slowly down her neck, and she closed her eyes and released a heavy breath, as she felt the worry rush out of her, and peace flood her body. Tilting her neck to the side she felt heat at the tender spot on her neck where Jordan’s hand had trailed. Their heart’s shared the same rhythm, its speed gradually increasing together. And as if like a magnet, their faces drew closer, and they curled their lips around each other’s. Eyes shut closed, nothing else in the world mattered but him. It was just two of them lost in their little world, drawing closer in such a place where they felt like one. Their lips moved in a steady sync, Jordan cupping her face and Maia moving her hands around his arms; unfocused on what to hold. They broke apart, satisfied at the sheer bliss feeling of the kiss they shared.

Their faces still held a close distance – their eyes now open with their foreheads touching. Jordan moved his mouth closer to her ear.

“Since you don’t want to sleep, and I don’t exactly want to either, why don’t we go train?” Jordan whispered.

Maia stayed silent for a moment, and the burst out laughing. She thought he was going to ask to take it a step further, but she was pleased, because this wasn’t exactly something she felt like doing when they were amidst some crazy stuff happening.

“Why are you laughing?” Jordan said with a wide grin on his face.

“It doesn’t matter,” Maia stuttered, still recovering from her overdose of giggling.

Jordan laughed. “Alright then.” He lightly grabbed her wrist and together they ran, Jordan leading the way. They stopped outside the training room.

“Okay. So today, we will be working on weapon combat. You know, in case one of those angels eats us and we have to cut ourselves out,” Jordan smiled as he joked with her.

Maia put on a straight voice. “Yes sir. I believe we have not yet covered that skill.”

They both burst out in laughter, before pushing the doors open in the training room.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Helllloooo beautiful peoplleeee!!! Yeah so today, I just kind of wanted to write a chapter with a bit more happiness, because there’s so much happening in the previous chapters that there wasn’t really a place for it. I hope you enjoyed, cos I certainly had fun writing it :D Thank you so much for reading!

Xoxoxoxox

Chloe ;)