18. Alec...

Iz stood there completely speechless.

“W….. what?” She didn’t believe it.

She ran over to Alec, and gently pushing Maryse’s hand aside, and held two fingers two his wrist. Nothing. The black runes on his skin started to  fade away, and eventually turned into a white scar.

She looked left and right towards everyone. What was happening? Without thinking, she shakily drew her stele, in which she intended to draw runes on him. She didn’t even know which ones she was going to draw, but yet she put the tip of the stele towards Alec’s forearm and drew a shaky line.

“Isabelle,” Maryse choked.

Izzy looked up at her with tears welling in her eyes, still clinging with unbelief that Alec was actually gone. Maryse shook her head at her, as if to say,

'Alec’s dead. It’s over.'

Izzy dropped the stele onto the ground. She collapsed onto him, and tightly hugged his motionless body. She cried onto his shirt, which was already soaked with crimson blood.

Maryse stared at Alec, and reached her hand out to stroke the hair on his head. She closed his eyes with her two fingers, and cried silently releasing tears falling onto the ground. Thoughts of regret swept over everyone’s head.

The remaining people stood there speechless; they had lost such a close friend, someone that they had fought battles with and had almost died. And yet, a person of such lay dead at their feet.

But Magnus, oh Magnus. He stood there with a clear view of Alec’s body, and felt such mental pain that it physically hurt. He was yet speechless; he was confused, sad, hurt and angry at the same time.  He felt like his insides were burning out, and his heart rate was rushing crazily. These confused feelings that he felt, kept his feet glued straight to the ground this whole time.

His body felt uncontrollable, as if both fire and ice was expanding in his body. The way that magic felt when you released it from your fingertips. But this was unlike anything he felt in his warlock life. The fire and ice that tangled in his body rushed to his fingertips. He clicked, and just like that, both red, green, and blue sparks flew out of his fingers like lightning bolts and hit the ground.

The ground surged, and a see-through reddish dome formed around everyone including the portal.  The top of the dome flashed bolts of magic toward the portal, and everyone was then sucked through the portal and ended up at the other side; the institute.

Everyone collapsed on the ground of the hospital room in the institute. Some stared at Magnus; wondering what he had just done. Some looked at Jace, who glowed on the bed in the room. And some, who were so traumatised, kept their eyes on Alec the whole time, and only barely realised the changes around them.

Robert who was sitting with his head on his knees next to Jace, shot his head up when a massive flash exploded in the room, and everyone appeared laying on the ground.

'They finally made it through the portal, a little late I might add. But why were they all on the ground all at once? Something was up,' Robert thought.

He slowly stepped towards them, as everyone slowly rose from the ground and onto their feet. Well, not everyone. Maryse and Izzy sat next to Alec who laid flat on the floor, whilst Clary and Magnus was passed out on the ground.

Robert understood why Clary was passed out– she was weak and could have easily passed out from the portal transition. But what happened to the others?

“What’s going on?” Robert questioned worriedly.

“Alec….” Jocelyn responded quietly.

Robert focused his eyes on Alec, and realised the cries coming from Izzy and Maryse next to him. He walked over to Alec and bent over him.

“What’s going on?” He asked again, keeping his eyes on Alec.

“He’s dead Robert, he’s dead. The angel killed him,” Maryse replied.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

Yup. So tell me if you find any mistakes because I didn't have alot of time to edit! Thats all :/

Xoxoxoxoxox

Chloe