15. How Long can Hope Last?

Helloooooooo! So I just wanted to thank everyone because a day after I released the last chapter, (Yesterday) I had gotten 500 reads! In a single day! OMG!!! So thank you! I love you guys so much you are sooo amazing! Keep on reading, because there’s going to be a twist to the plot :) Thank’s for reading guys!!

_____________________________________________________________________________

“What!” Everyone screamed. Everyone’s dead looking eyes quickly lit up. Smiles spread across many faces, while some stared at them in disbelief.

“Tessa shape-shifted into Clary and now Clary knows where she is and now we can finally go and-“ Isabelle started in a single breath.

“So where are they?” Robert cut in.

“At Lake Lyn, were Jace had died.” Alec said.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go get them!” Izzy shouted.

“It may be a trap though,” Robert stated.

“Well, it shouldn’t be… well it might be… well Tessa, did u pick up anything about it being a trap?”

Tessa who just arrived and was puffing, replied,
“From what I got out of her thoughts it shouldn’t be. She remembered escaping, so it shouldn’t be a trap.”

“Alright then, let’s get geared and runed up. We never know what might come up, so it’s best to be prepared,” Robert instructed.

“Magnus should be here any moment, so he can make a portal for us,” Jocelyn added. Magnus had been coming over every day for a few hours to try and track them.

“Jordan and Maia, do you want to come with us?” Luke asked.

“Oh, we did not stay with you guys for so long so we could miss out on this, right Maia?” Jordan smiled.

“Right,” she nodded.

“Okay then, let’s go!” Maryse said.

The Shadowhunters rushed off to their rooms and covered themselves in runes, before attaching their weapon belts filled with the many variety of weapons they used.

Luke, Maia, Jordan and Simon waited downstairs, when a knock on the door sounded. Luke rushed to the door, where Magnus appeared.

“We found Jace and Clary!” Luke screamed.

“Oh my gosh! That’s amazing!! Where are they?” Magnus asked.

Luke laughed.
“That doesn’t matter right now. But we need you to cast a portal so we can get  there and back. Can you do that for us?”

“Of course!” Magnus smiled.

They then proceeded to move to the dining room where everyone was waiting, apart from Jocelyn who just came down.

“Alright. So who knows were Jace died?” Jocelyn asked.

The room fell silent. Not a single soul spoke up, and it eventually seeped in that they had no idea where Jace and Clary actually were. Jocelyn sighed.

“I can track him. Or we could call the Clave in Idris, because after the trials they did with them the Clave should know where they are,” Robert suggested.

“I think it would be better if we just tracked them,” Alec said. Everyone mumbled a sound of agreement.

"Alright then. Could someone please pass me Jace’s dagger?" Robert asked.

Alec jogged upstairs, and brought it back down to him quickly. Robert then drew a tracking rune on his palm, clutched the dagger tightly and shut his eyes. He entered the strange world emerging in his head, and looked around.

Alicante lay a relative distance away, and he took in the sights around him, including the nature and the perspective of the lake. He then noticed Clary and Jace who both laid sleeping on the ground. Jace’s body radiated a bright golden light, but Robert, who thought it was a simple distortion in the tracking, just pushed it away. He then opened his eyes, and placed Jace’s dagger on the table.

“Magnus?” Luke asked; alerting Magnus that he was ready for the portal.

“I may not be able to find the very exact location of the place, but I will try my best to get it,” Robert warned.

Everyone then went silent and stood back as Magnus chanted spells and mumbled strange words. Thin blue and white lines started swirling on the wall just in front of them, and they twisted and grew bigger to form a portal. Magnus then stepped aside, where Robert closed his eyes and pictured in his mind the distance from Alicante, the detail of the trees, and the perspective of the lake. He then proceeded to open his eyes, before turning to face the others.
“Ready?” he asked.

“Ready,” They chorused.

Robert then turned back around and crossed through to the portal. One by one, they all stepped through the portal with Magnus entering last.

When they had all arrived at the other side, Magnus closed the portal. Robert looked around the scene, but didn’t spot Jace or Clary.

“I can’t see them anywhere,” Robert said. They all stood there for a few moments, when Simon spoke up.

“Over there!” He pointed, using his sharp eyesight. With many of them squinting to see them, they were approximately 200 feet away behind a few trees, lying on the ground. Smiles inched on everyone’s faces, as they made their way carefully towards them.

“Clary! Jace!” They all shouted. They travelled further towards them until they were around ten feet away, when they saw a creature behind Clary heading for her. She lay still and fast asleep; unresponsive to the constant calls.

The creature was jet black, had dark feathered wings and wore a black robe. A halo floated around its head- it was an angel. Except their intense black body told that it wasn’t just any ordinary angel. No. It was evil.

The angel took out a black dagger, which glowed a slight tinge of red. It moved closer and closer to Clary.
Closer.. and closer… and closer…

Until its body stood right above Clary’s, with its black hands lifting the dagger up in the air mere inches from her heart.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello again my friends! I didn't spend too much time on this, so if you see any errors please tell me! It would be GREATLY appreaciated. Thank you!!

Xoxoxoxoxox

Chloe