2. Known

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading my fanfic! Feel free to follow me, I'll follow ya back :)
(Btw this is the scene which could be really confusing at the start if you haven't read the infernal devices :P
________________________________________________

Tessa stood awkwardly in the dining room with her beautiful floral dress, as the shadowhunters in the institute introduced themselves. It had been over a century since she'd seen any shadowhunters... Ever since Will died, she thought about him everyday. And Jem too. She fiddled with her 30th anniversary pearl bracelet.

She realised how much she'd had missed having a family, and living lonely for an eternity was hard enough. Spending time with Magnus made her realise that she had to let go. Even though Will and Jem would forever stay in her heart, she wanted to do something with what she had, and protect the good side.

Tessa had explained to the shadowhunters who she was, and why she was here. She was here to stay not just to visit.
"So Tessa.." She jerked her head up listening to a woman's voice, and she saw a younger boy her age running away from them. Nice.

"I'm Maryse Lightwood,"the lady smiled. "This is my husband, Robert Lightwood."

He stuck out his hand."Pleasure to meet you." She took it, shaking it.

"I'm Jocelyn Fray, and this is my fiancée Luke Garroway'"Jocelyn smiled at Luke and bit her lip.

The boy who ran away came back down.
"Sorry about that, I was getting the rest of the family." He smiled. "I'm Alec Lightwood." and as if on cue, his sister jumped in.
"I'm Isabelle Lightwood, but you can call me Izzy."

Tessa nodded all the way through, trying to remember the names. But a massive horde of giggles interrupted her thoughts, and she perked her head up to see a young girl and guy coming down the stairs.

She looked at them, instantly reminded of how she was with Will.
They came down to greet her.

"Hello, I'm Clary Fray." Clary stood attempting to calm from her giggles.

"And I'm Jace Herondale," Jace said smoothly.

Tessa looked at him in shock. He seemed to ignore it.

"So.. You can shapeshift?" Jace asked curiously.

"Yes,"she answered shakily, still shocked about Jace. "And I can search through their thoughts and memories, and find things out."

Everyone's eyes gleamed with hope. Perhaps they really could find out what Sebastian was going to do, and they would be the shadowhunters to end him.

"Well there is this evil shadowhunter named Sebas- Johnathan Morgenstern and, could you try changing into him?" Isabelle exploded in hope and excitement.

"Okay, but I will need something of his, so that I can get through to him. I haven't done this in a while, so it may be a little rusty."

"How are we going to do that..." Maryse asked losing a little hope.

Jace reached into his pocket and held out Sebastian's necklace. " I got this the other day. It was Sebastian's. I tried a tracking rune earlier, but it didn't work."

"Where did you get that from Jace?" Maryse asked curiously. Jace ducked his head down, not wishing to speak of it. Tessa took the necklace. Maryse just shrugged it off.

"Is he about the same size as me?"Tessa questioned.

Alec who spoke for the first time laughed. "Much bigger." Tessa grinned, knowing exactly what would happen to her dress if she changed now.

"Alright. I need to be on my own to do this. If I get anything, I'll talk to you immediately."

"Thank you so much, what you are doing is more than what we could have ever imagined,"Jocelyn thanked. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"I'll show you to your room," Maryse smiled politely. Tessa followed her upstairs, turning left along a corridor, and into a beautiful room.

"Thank you," Tessa spoke.

She walked in, and the walls were painted with a beautiful lime green, and had a chocolate brown chair in the corner and a double bed in the middle. There was a wooden cupboard against the wall.

She locked the door and changed into a really loose skirt and shirt, only just managing to hang onto her body. And just like that, her eyes fluttered close.
She held Sebastian's necklace tightly in her hand, and closed her eyes. She tried to recall the way the dark sisters had taught her to change.
She drew on the memories from the necklace now, and she felt herself fall into a never ending darkness.