6. Trapped

Alec laid in bed, unable to sleep. Constant thoughts of the black wings on the ground flickered through his mind, and his ongoing tries to fall asleep just didn't work. Suddenly, he heard a loud scream erupting from Jace's room. Clary. Alec jumped to his feet ready to run and help her, but he then heard Jace comforting her - and something about a dream. Alec slipped back into his bed attempting to sleep once more.

After a long hour, as his body finally felt like putting him to rest, another blood curling scream rang through his ears, this time much louder than before.
'Probably just one of Clary's dreams' Alex thought. But then he heard another voice, one that did not belong inside the institute.

"Take them to the prisons."

That voice was so familiar to him. Who was it? And that's when he realised, and reality struck him hard.

"Sebastian.." Alec was quick to jump back onto his feet, grabbing his seraph blade that lay on his bedside table.

"Azterial!" he whispered, and his seraph blade opened releasing a bright light. Alec opened the door silently and ran straight into Jace's room which door was already open. And right before his eyes, he saw Sebastian. He stared at him, his dark black eyes piercing Alec. He let out an evil laugh.

"You're too late Alec. They're gone." Sebastian pointed to Jace's bed, and truly enough, no one lay there. A pool of blood lay on the white pillow. Alec looked back at Sebastian, anger filling his eyes. Raising his seraph blade, he charged at Sebastian. Jumping quickly, he aimed and extended his arm aiming for his heart, but as he landed back onto the ground he found his seraph heavily embedded in the wall, instead of Sebastian. He turned around furiously, eyes searching for him. But he was gone, his body whisking away in a blur.

Where did he go? How did he get in? So many questions were running through his mind, and anger coursed through his veins. His hand hung on his seraph blade, and he tightened it; shaking. He attempted to yank it out of the wall using all of his strength and anger, but his hand slipped right off it. Not worrying about it anymore, he shakily made his way to Jace's bed. He stared at the pool of blood soaked into Jace's pillow.

"Jace...." Tears welled up in his eyes. "And, and Clary." He fell to his knees, scrunching the sheets up with his fists. He knelt there for an hour silently sobbing about the happenings. In the hands of Sebastian... He didn't want to think about what could happen. Slowly standing up, he proceeded to wake everyone and tell them.

He called everyone to the library, afraid of speaking the words he was going to say. They gathered around in the centre, the black wings gone. Maryse must have taken care of it.

"Everyone," Alec paused, struggling to say the painful words. "Jace and Clary have been taken away. By Sebastian."

------

Clary awoke, the morning light shining through the prison windows. Wait, prison? The memories from last night hit her, and tears fell from her eyes. She looked at Jace across the room, a bloody patch on the left side of his head. Oh no. She spotted the shackles which cuffed his hands and legs, which joined him to the wall.

"Jace!" She screamed. He then woke up, looking at her weakly.

"Jace!" She shouted again. She attempted to run over to him, but she realised the shackles attached to her as well. She slid back down the wall, feeling the cold bricks pressing against her.

Jace opened his eyes fully, remembering what happened last night. He looked around at the prison cell, eyes falling in Clary.
'Argh, Sebastian.' He thought. He searched his pockets hoping for any weapons or a stele, but he had no luck. His head suddenly started throbbing, and he squeezed his eyes shut in pain.

As Jace opened his mouth attempting to respond to her, Sebastian walked in through the cell door.

"Good morning," He sneered. The sound of his voice sickened them.

"What do you want to do with us?" Jace spat.

Sebastian laughed. "Well I'm going to make you drink from the infernal cup. But before that, I want to spend some... time, with each of you."

Jace and Clary shared a glance with each other, dreading their fate that so wickedly awaited them.