14. Hope ~

It had been endless days of torture for those living in the institute. Every day, Tessa’s gift had told them much about what was happening to Clary and Jace. With sad eyes, the horrible stories were heard by the rest of the institute, and many broken cries were heard throughout.

Tessa, Izzy and Alec gathered once more at the brink of day, in the training room where they proceeded to track Jace and Clary. They walked in with bags under their eyes, and the dead look their bodies portrayed would manage to turn heads anywhere on the streets.

“If this doesn’t work again this time, I swear we will honestly never see them again,” Izzy sighed. No matter how much pain it was to their ears, it would be a lie to say that this wasn’t true.

“I’ll go first, as always,” Tessa reached for Clary’s witchlight. She closed her eyes, and felt herself falling into a familiar pit of darkness, as she tangled into a dimension with no ends. Then she saw a light, and she continued to travel towards the light ahead, before finally feeling her body contort into another shape not too different from her own. She then opened her eyes, and looked down to her now changed self.

Alec and Izzy held their heads down, not expectant of an answer.

“Alright. So Clary, where are you?” Alec breathed.

Tess stood there for moments, collecting Clary’s thoughts. And it was like nothing ever before, because when she turned her head upwards again, the words that flew out of her mouth wasn’t the usual I don’t know, In a cell with Jace, or Captured by Sebastian. No.

“I’m at Lake Lyn. Where, where Jace died. We escaped.” Tessa said.

Their heads shot up, faces painted with unbelief. How was this happening?

“What are you doing right now?” Izzy questioned quickly.

Tessa scrunched Clary’s face up, struggling to answer the question.

“I think I’m sleeping. I’m not sure.” She responded.

Alec then nodded his head, and Tessa changed back to herself. They stood there silently as the thoughts registered in their head. It was so much to take in. They stood still quietly for 10 minutes; when Izzy broke the silence by releasing tears of joy, and smiles springing off her face. At that sight, Alec smiled and a few drops of tears fell from his eyes as well. They hadn’t smiled in a long time, and with the thought that Clary and Jace could finally be returning, it was like they could finally feel good again. Tessa simply smiled, as they embraced each other in a warm hug.

They ran out to the others who sat at the dining room, with Alec and Izzy using their shadowhunter speed to get there while Tessa lagged slowly behind. Everyone who was playing with their food, looked up questioningly towards them. Smiles were plastered on Alec and Izzy’s faces, and all eyes were on them as they expected words they doubted could relieve them from their realm of sadness.

“We found Clary and Jace!” Iz and Al screamed perfectly in sync.