19. Jem

Hey guys!! So I am really sorry for not updating in like three weeks it's just that I was so caught up in the Divergent series for a week it's so good! If you haven't read it then READ IT! And also it was December so there was heaps of awesome vlogs by the yogscast coming out and livestreams and awesome vids, so I was like going crazy watching them... So yeah but I'm updating now so smile people! Smile! Pinkie-pie wants ya to smile :P Ok on with the story sorry my fingers are having a happy spasm. Yup XD Enjoy!

____________________________________________________________________________

Days, weeks had passed. Mourning. Funeral organised. Jace. Heavenly fire. Hurt, pain, loss, and silence.

The institute was a mess, and everyone who went on the journey to save Jace and Clary all stayed in the institute. Except Tessa that is, apparently she had to do something "important".

Earlier in the week, Magnus had gone home to research about the strange magic that occurred when he teleported everyone. Turns out it was something to do with his overload of emotions that transferred into his power. And then afterwards, he came back to Alec's room where Alec laid on his bed pale and lifeless; in which Magnus had generally spent every day in. Alec was supposed to be taken away to be prepared the day after he... left, but Magnus resisted against it.

Jace was still in the infirmary part of the institute, and brother Zachariah came in regularly to check on him. But he wasn't getting any better. In fact, he was getting much, much, worse.

Everyone felt torn. Like as if the whole world was against them- A billion to one. And Clary was comforted everyday by Jocelyn and Luke, especially at night when she always had terrible nightmares about Sebastian and was woken up shaking in Jace's room. That was where she slept ever since they got back. She was emotionally scarred from everything that was happening.

There was a knock on the institute door, and Robert went to open it. Tessa stood at the doorway, back from what she had done. Robert gave her a nod, and she returned one back. She stepped in and stared at Robert for a second.

"How is Jace doing?" She asked.

"He's getting worse,' Robert lowered his head.

She sighed. "Can I see him?"

"Of course. He's in the infirmary."

"Thank you."

Tessa strolled toward the infirmary door, simply thinking about Jace, who was right now the only person who'd carry the Herondale name. Will and Jem flooded her mind. She hadn't seen Jem in a very long time - the reason being she was very much unsure. And before she knew it, she arrived at the infirmary door. Her feet carried her there faster than she anticipated.

Opening the door, she stepped in. But it wasn't Jace's glowing body that caught her eyes like it usually would. No. Because brother Zachariah stood in the middle room. His eyes caught hers, and she stared at his familiar eyes.

"J..Jem?" Tessa scrunching her eyebrows up, and walking slowly towards him.

Jem smiled lightly - something that no one had ever seen in a silent brother.

"Tessa."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hi people so I know this is really short but I just wanted to release a chapter because I haven't released a chapter in ages XD guilty.. So yeah and I also wanted to thank you because I remember I got 500 reads in half a day after releasing chapter 18 :O Yes so thank you sooo much everyone I luvvv you!!

Xoxoxoxox

Chloe