17. Angel

“No!” Jocelyn screamed.

Alec, who responded physically before his mind could process, ran a few feet forward, drawing his seraph blade.

“Amriel!” He screamed. His seraph blade blazed up, and he released it from his hand as it flung toward the evil angel. Just as it was about to bring its dagger down on Clary, it was stabbed in its neck by Alec’s blade. All this happened in just a single second.

The angel stood frozen, as it slowly fell back and released the dagger which landed on Clary’s right arm. Clary suddenly woke, and whimpered in pain as she reached for her arm.

The angel fell flat onto the ground, and just laid there on its back. Everyone shrieked in horror, as they all sprinted over to Clary to help her. Jocelyn and Luke squatted next to her, and pulled the dagger out from her arm. The dagger looked just like a seraph blade… except it was infiltrated with a strange black and stung Jocelyn’s bare skin at touch. She chucked it aside, and stood there with Luke shaking and not knowing what to do. She took out a stele which she got from the weapons room, and drew an iratze which she was retaught by Maryse a few weeks ago. Being away from shadowhunter life for so long meant that she could only faintly remember how to draw the runes pasted on their skins. But the moment the rune was drawn, it immediately dissolved, and the black mark turned to a plain white scar..

“Magnus!” Jocelyn called. But he didn’t come, nor did anyone make a single noise.

“Magnus!” She called again. But once again, he didn’t come, and she also realised that no one stood by her side apart from Luke. As she flicked her head around, she saw everyone else crowded around Jace, who’s body radiated a bright golden light.

“Heavenly fire,” Maryse said. Magnus looked around them, and then at the evil angel.

“We better go,” He said. “There could be more of where that came from,” he pointed to the dark angel. Some nodded their head, while the others stood still from the immense shock.

Magnus then started casting the spell for the portal, and just like before, the blue and white lines swirled to create a watery wall.

Come on, let’s go. It’s not safe,” he spoke. He stepped back, and watched as Robert closed his eyes and pictured the institute in his mind. He reopened them, and then turned back and attempted to pick Jace up.

He shrunk back at touch, and turned to face the others.
“He’s too hot. I forgot about the effects of heavenly fire.”

“I can make him cooler so you can touch him, but it won’t last long, so be quick,” Magnus said. He raised his arm and shot blue electric-like lines towards Jace’s body. Jace’s skin lost a small amount of golden glow, and Robert picked him up before carrying him through the portal.

Everyone lined up and faced the watery wall, with Maryse at the very front. She turned around to face everyone.

“Okay, are you rea- Alec!” She screamed.

The familiar angel who attempted to slay Clary earlier was standing with its dagger which it picked back off the ground in its hand. They thought it was dead. Well, clearly not. The once weak angel who lay dead on the ground, was now as alive as ever, and aiming to kill Alec who was positioned at the back of the line.

Alec reacted to Maryse’s call not sure what to expect. He spotted the angel centimetres behind him, and drew his seraph blade quickly. But it was too late. The angel plunged its dagger square into Alec’s heart, and he collapsed backwards onto the grassy ground.

“ALEC!” Izzy screamed. She drew a dagger from her belt, and threw it at the angel; which made its way to its head. The angel fell to the ground again, where Izzy proceeded to run over to it and continuously dig the blade into its flesh in a deadly manner. She lifted the blade up, and stabbed its body over and over again; aware that if this was not done that it would come back to life rather quickly for s third time.

She then ran over to Alec, where a pool of blood stained the grass in the ground surrounding him. Izzy watched as Maryse ducked down next to him, and held two fingers to Alec’s wrist to check his pulse. With tears already dripping from her eyes, she looked shakily up to Izzy.
“He doesn’t have a pulse.”  

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So I haven’t been able to update in the past week because lots of stuff has been coming up. So last chapter I left with a massive cliff hanger, and here I am making another one. Please keep on reading! I promise that even if Alec is dead now things will turn out perfect in the end. I remember when I found out that Clary and Jace were siblings I was like “I’M NOT READING THIS ANYMOREEEEE!” and then I asked my friend and she told me that they weren’t actually. So I promise things will turn out fine in the end! Love you all! <3

Xoxoxooxox

Chloe