20. Never Thought I'd see you Again :)

Their eyes locked onto each other’s, each trying to process the moment occurring. Tessa felt confused, and a rush of thoughts flooded though her mind. What was he doing here? Right, he came in to check in on Jace. Of course.

But why did Jem leave her? Why didn’t he meet up with her every year like he used to? Meanwhile, a wide grin stay spread across Jem’s face, growing bigger by the second.

“Tessa, I haven’t seen you in a long time,” Jem spoke.

“Where have you been all this time? Where were you? Do you know that I waited for you every year on Blackfriars Bridge and you never came?” Tessa spoke rather calmly as she kept her face toward the ground, with a slight tinge of anger evident in her voice.

Jem’s smile quickly faded. He unfocused his eyes off Tessa’s face, and then made its way down to the ground too.

“The silent brothers found out about our meetings,” he spoke, keeping a strained yet still voice.

“It’s against the brotherhood’s laws, and ever since then they have been monitoring everywhere I went.” He said growing silent. He then fell back on the chair behind him and kept his eyes focused on the wooden floor.

Tessa’s gaze returned back to his face, but Jem refused to look back at her. She stepped closer to him, and proceeded to lift his chin up to face her. She bent down so her face was just inches from his.

“It’s okay Jem...” She said quietly. “You’re here now and that’s what matters.”

Jem slowly smiled back at her, with his eyes beaming with pure happiness.

“I never thought I’d see you again Tess.”

“I didn’t either.”

They stared into each other’s eyes for a few moments longer, before Jem leapt out of the chair and gave Tessa a tight hug. She returned the gesture, and with closed eyes, they stood in a still embrace forgetting everything, and just taking in the moment that would be stored as a memory they would never forget.

Jem slowly broke their hug, still smiling and looked at neck.

“You’re still wearing it.” He reached out to touch the pedant, before looking back at her face. She held a steady grin.

“Well why would I take it off?” She asked shaking her head and shrugging her shoulders.

“How long has it been 200, 300 years?” He answered in thought.

“I don’t know Jem, but there are some things in this world that we wish we could have forever, but there is only so much we can do to be a part of it. I missed you, everyday Jem. You know that? And this is the only piece of you I have left.”

Jem thought for a bit.

“You know what Tessa?”

“What?”

“I really shouldn’t be saying this, but..” he paused. “Oh it doesn’t matter does it... I’ve broken enough laws already.” He started.

“I love you Tessa.”

Tessa remembered when they first met, to his marriage proposal, and life all the way until now. All these years, not for a single second did she ever stop loving him.  Without a hint of hesitation in her voice, she spoke.

“I love you too.”

Clary sat at the back of the room speechless throughout their whole conversation with each other. She had recovered from her stab, but it had left a nasty scar on her arm.

“What’s going on?” Clary asked, clearly confused.

They both looked at her, Tessa not realizing she was there the whole time.

“I forgot you were there…” Jem said.

“Well, clearly. Care to explain?” Clary asked.

“It’s quite a long story,” Tessa tilted her head. “But I think that if we were to tell anyone, it would be better if we just told everyone together.”

Clary nodded. “Alright then. I’ll leave you to it.” She stood up walking toward the door, before taking one last look a Jace and leaving.

Tessa took one last look around the room, just to check if there were any others sitting around she didn’t know about. But the only other being was Jace, who lay on the bed with his golden glow filling the room. She looked at him and sighed.

“Jem, what’s going to happen to him? He’s the last ancestor of Will’s, and if he dies…” Tessa looked down, clearly saddened.

“He’s going to be okay Tess.” He said confidently.

“You don’t know that.’

“Tess. Listen to me. He will. This has happened to him before, and he got better. Miracles happen, you know? You being here is a miracle. It shouldn’t have happened, but it did. I was never supposed to see you again. All that time I was away from you, I had always loved you, and only you, and I was told that I could never see you for the rest of my life. Yet here you are standing in front of me.” Jem smiled.

“And just like that Jace will be okay too. He always is. Just like a miracle happened to us, it will happen to him too. Trust me.”

Tessa thought for a moment.

“You’re right.” She nodded.

“He’ll be okay,” she whispered to herself.

“He’ll be okay.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hello my friends! I had lots of fun writing this chapter! Tessa and Jem YAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAAYYYYY! Yep I haven't released chapters in awhile so I felt like I should :P Yeah so I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing!

Xoxoxoxox

Chloe <3