What Comfort Zone? Part 2

Start from the beginning

Vik: "Don't be stupid, I'm just a little shocked."

Jared: "You didn't know he was coming?"

Vik: "I didn't even know I was coming until about twenty minutes ago yeah?"

Jared: "Oh yeah, Right."

I honestly didn't know if I was going to come or not honestly. I was dreading it considering I hadn't really been invited to come over. I barely knew Jas personally but she and Jared got along really well and I think there was something going on between them but I couldn't be sure. I had my suspicions but I didn't want to make anything public if there was. I was just tagging along because I was his friend. I wasn't expecting anyone big to be here. Though now I know and it's a little scary to be honest. No one really knows I'm gay. At all and I intend to absolutely and completely keep it that way... But my fucking god Lachlan was making that difficult. I mean, It had been a really big dream to meet this guy and right now, I'm waiting for him and his friend to come back with dinner for everyone. He's been a really sweet and nice person to talk to so far and I'm really enjoying myself.

Jasmine: "Hey Vik can you come help me in the kitchen? I just need to grab some drinks."

Vik: "Oh yeah sure."

As I picked myself up from my seat, Ita and Daniel playing games with Jared while the Mitch was talking to his friend Billy, I followed close behind her as we turned the corner, The birthday girl opening the fridge and handing me two bottles before she grabbed two others and the cups. 

Jasmine: "Just before we go out there can I ask you something?"

Vik: "Of course you can? I mean we don't really know each other all that well but still."

Jasmine: "Yeah I know, That's why I thought I might ask you properly. I was wondering if, Maybe I could talk to you about Lachlan."

Vik: "Oh? Sure I guess I mean this is the first time I've met him myself."

Jasmine: "You are on the outside that's why I wanted to ask you. I want an unbiased opinion, I mean Jared and I have been friends for a while. Ita and Daniel are two of my closest friends aside from Jay. And Mitch and Billy would be on Lachlan's side. But I was wondering about something."

Vik: "Shoot."

Jasmine: "Do you think, That. If I asked, Do you think I should try and talk to Lachlan tonight? While we are here at the party?"

Vik: "I mean he seems like a chill guy I don't see why you wouldn't want to."

Jasmine: "No I mean like... Talk to him talk to him."

It took a moment before I clicked into how she was feeling. And I was a little bummed but then again I can't really complain or say anything, Lachlan is really cute. And he's such an awesome guy who seems like he is at the very least, financially secure, Independent in his life while still having his friends and family around to help him with his depression. It's one thing I'm glad he was open with us from the start with. That he has Random games that aren't popular but just games he wants to play for fun and to record minimal stuff. Just to upload something when he is in a really bad state. It's one reason I actually stayed and enjoyed his content.

Vik: "Oh, How long have you liked him for?"

Jasmine: "It's been a while. We met a few years back but didn't really hang out all that often until about a year ago. Jay invited him out to bowling one night with some friends of ours from class and I kind of just, Tried talking to him and he seemed really interesting and genuine."

Yeah, he does seem like that hey? Wait who am I talking to?

Vik: "Can I be honest? I thought you liked Jared."