What Comfort Zone? Part 1

Start from the beginning

Lachlan: "I don't want to go."

I could see the look in his eyes, He usually had this look whenever he had to contradict his own state of mind to look after me. He was too good for me and I feel like he knew that. He was still here as my best friend, even after dealing with all of my shit.

Lachlan: "Why do you even stay friend? Surely you have way more important people to hang out with and talk to."

Jay: "So what if I did? I want to hang out with you. We've been through a lot together mate, I'm not going to just up and leave you because you are depressed. That would just make it worse and you know it. You are so dismissive of it now because you are having a bad episode these last couple of days. These are the days where I feel like we need each other the most. You need me so you have someone to talk to about what's going on in your head, to vent to and just work things out with. And I need you so I know you are OK, To know if I need to come over and see you and just hang out. Even if its only for a few hours."

He was always like this, always talking to me like we needed each other but I know he doesn't really need me. He has a lot of other friends, friends that are fine and yet he still wants to only hang out with me. Its sad.

Lachlan: "Still."

Jay: "No, there is nothing to still over. You are my brother from another mother. I love you to death and back and would do anything for you. There isn't any way you can negatively spin how much I'd do for you. And right now, I know in my heart, that you need to come outside and do the same thing you would do anyway. Pizza and video games with your friends. Only this time we are all in the same room."

Lachlan: "I just don't want to go anywhere."

Jay: "I know Lachlan. But I'll be there, Mitch will be there and its Jasmine's birthday. You know a few of us that are going so if you need to stick with me then I'm happy to stay with you. If you feel as though it is getting too much, I'll let them know we have to leave a little early OK? I've already let Jas know that I may have to leave earlier than I'd like so we do have an out if you need it."

Lachlan: "What did you tell her?"

Jay: "I just said my auntie might need me to look after the kids for a few hours, I told her a lie and said my uncle was in hospital, just in case she can't find a babysitter. I also told her to keep it on the down low as I didn't want anyone else knowing."

Lachlan: "She bought that?"

Jay: "Hook, Line and sinker."

Lachlan: "I would have thought she was smarter than that."

Jay: "Yeah well, I make sure you are my first priority outside of this house."

I finally spun my chair to face him, as he looked at me with a proud smile on his face, I don't deserve you and we both know this.

Lachlan: "Do I have to get changed?"

Jay: "At least you could put a shirt on."

Lachlan: "And I have to don't I?"

Jay: "Well we can't exactly turn up to a party while missing some clothes can we?"

Lachlan: "I could."

Jay: "And how do you think that would work out for your anxiety?"

Giving it some thought, I just let my head fall, the internet barely had more than one image of me actually shirtless and they went mad over it. I had received a lot of attention for about a week I think it was. I hated the fact that it got uploaded from Mitch and Jerome's place a couple years ago but I shouldn't be too mad as I was 19 at the time.