Chapter 168

After church let out, the crew gathered outside where Mari, Zari and Kuasa were already waiting.

"So, our totems start glowing at the same time Elvis's guitar does. That can't be a coincidence." Mari said and Oliver nodded.

"Agreed. Elvis is the bearer of the Death totem." Oliver said.

"Every totem is growing stronger in response to Mallus's threat. We need that totem." Mari said.

"Hold on, now that we know who has the Death totem, we need to operate a bit more carefully." Rip said.

"What do you mean?" Kuasa asked.

"There are certain people throughout history who's effect was so large that interfering with the wrong events could have huge consequences. Elvis Presley is one of though people, since there is a reason he's called the king." Rip said.

"He's right, Elvis is the one who really put rock on the map, without him, Rock and Roll never gets out of memphis." Nate said.

"Exactly, we must be careful not to do something that could end up tanking Elvis's career, since not only could that create a rather significant aberration, but it could also further weaken the prison Mallus is trapped in." Rip said.

"Let's get back to the ship and work out a plan." Oliver said and they all nodded.

"We gotta hit." Quentin said as exited his office into the precinct.

"What's going on?" Thea asked from where she and Roy were talking.

"One of our officers just received word from a contact. The Blackout Gang will be convening for a weapons buy tonight in Orchid Bay." Quentin said.

"Sounds like our best chance to get our hands on the new weapon." Roy said.

"Take down the supplier while we're at it." Thea added and Quentin nodded.

"Get the unit ready to move out." Quentin said as the cops began moving out.

"Roy, hold up a second." Quentin said.

"Yeah captain?" Roy asked.

"I think that considering what we're dealing with here, you should get your other unit on this as well." Quentin said and Roy nodded.

"Give us the location and we'll give it to them. Thea and I will be wearing our blues though, since we don't want to raise suspicion." Roy said and Quentin nodded.

"Let's do this." Quentin said.

"So, Elvis is the bearer of the long lost death totem. How does that even begin to make sense?" Mari said.

"Maybe the totem was attracted to Elvis because it sensed a connection to the dead with him. Maybe something he hasn't moved past." Oliver said as all eyes turned to Nate.

"What?" Nate asked.

"Not only are you the historian, but you're also the resident Elvis expert. Any ideas?" Zari asked.

"Maybe his brother." Nate said.

"Jesse?" Oliver asked.

"How do you know the name of Elvis's brother?" Laurel asked her husband, who shrugged.

"I watched Full House as a kid." Oliver said and everyone chuckled.

"Fair enough. But anyways, what if when Elvis uses the totem, with his music, he's actually summoning Jesse's spirit from the grave." Nate said.

"Then he'll be reluctant to give it up and we can't just steal the guitar." Oliver said.

"So what do you recommend?" Rip asked.

"We go and see him in person, confirm our theory. If we're right, then I think I can convince Elvis to give up the totem." Oliver said.

"How?" Ray asked.

"I know a thing or two about dealing with ghosts. I've had my own ghosts since I first set foot on Lian Yu." Oliver said.

"He's right. If anyone can relate to Elvis's pain if we're right, it's him." Constantine said.

"Looks like we've got a plan." Laurel said.

"So, we know Oliver's going to see Elvis, but who else?" Ray asked.

"Me, please." Nate said and Rip nodded.

"Might as well make it a double date then." Laurel said and Zari nodded.

"Okay then, let's get to work." Oliver said.