Chapter 143

Roy and Thea had decided that instead of having a big wedding like Oliver and Laurel had, they were just going to elope, surrounded by Thea's family and Team Arrow.

The wedding was taking place in the backyard of the mansion, since Thea had wanted her real father to be in attendance and by that, she meant Robert Queen, who Oliver had actually had his body transferred from the grave on Lian Yu and transferred to the grave he had in the backyard of the Queen Mansion.

The reason for eloping was because Thea just didn't have the patience that went with planning a huge wedding and really the only people she wanted there was a small group of people.

Anyways, they'd set up a small altar and John was going to be performing the ceremony, since he was a licensed minister.

Attending the ceremony was Walter, Moira, Robert Jr., Oliver, Laurel, John, Lyla, Winn and Emiko.

Oliver was serving as the best man and Emiko, much to her surprise, had been asked to serve as the maid of honor.

Anyways, Thea and Roy had both taken their places at the altar and Thea was actually wearing her mother's wedding dress as the wedding began.

"Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to witness the nuptials of Roy William Harper Jr. and Thea Dearden Queen. If there is anyone who sees a reason as to why these two souls should not be wed." John said and no one said a word.

"Roy and Thea have each elected to write their own vows. Roy, please recite your vows to Thea." John said and Roy nodded.

"I thought about writing my vows but then I decided it would be best to speak from the heart. Thea, my whole life, I only cared about myself, like a lot of people in the Glades. All I cared about was getting by and I didn't care what I had to do in order to do it. Then I met you and everything changed. Where everyone else saw me as just another lost cause, you saw my potential, the person I could be. Everything I am today is because of you. You've always been there for me, through thick and thin, for better or worse and you managed to see my potential for what I could be, instead of seeing what everyone else, including myself, saw, a criminal who was going nowhere in life. You could've chosen to love anyone else in the world, and yet you chose to love me. You make me want to be the best version of myself. I love you with all my heart." Roy said and Thea smiled.

"Thea, please recite your vows to Roy." John said and Thea nodded.

"Roy, like you, before we met, I was a much different person than I am now. I was spoiled, rotten and selfish. I'd never cared about anyone but myself. I did what I wanted whenever I wanted. But that all changed when I met you. You showed me that I should be grateful for everything I had and also that maybe I should start to appreciate the simple things in life. You are the reason I went from being the worst version of myself to the best version of it. I love you more than a person should probably love another person and if I lost you, I don't know what I'd do with myself." Thea said and Roy smiled.

"And now to the good stuff. Do you, Roy William Harper Jr., hereby take Thea Dearden Queen to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in good times and in bad ones, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, for as you both shall live?" John asked.

"I do." Roy said.

"And do, Thea Dearden Queen, hereby take Roy William Harper Jr. to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in good times and in bad ones, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, for as you both shall live?" John asked.

"I do." Thea said.

"Then, by the power vested in me by the city of Star City, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." John said and Roy smiled as he and Thea shared their first married kiss as husband and wife.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce you all to Mr. and Mrs. Roy Harper." John asked as everyone clapped.