Chapter 121

Oliver was surprised when he entered the bunker to find Lyla waiting for him in there.

"Lyla, you know John doesn't work here anymore right?" Oliver asked.

"I'm actually here looking for Winn. He's missed his past 3 shifts and he's not answering his phone. I assumed that he was here for some kind of mission for your team, but I can't find him." Lyla said.

"We haven't had any missions lately. Things in the city have been quiet enough that the team has been able to get some R&R. But come to think of it, I haven't heard from Winn either." Oliver said.

"Do you think?" Lyla asked.

"Please tell me that like all other government agents, he's been tagged?" Oliver asked.

"Of course, it's standard Argus procedure." Lyla said.

"Then why didn't you just use that to find him?" Oliver asked.

"I wanted to make sure it wasn't just a communication glitch before resorting to that option." Lyla explained and Oliver nodded, accepting that answer.

"We can access Winn's tracker from here." Oliver said, nodding at Winn's set up and Lyla nodded as she went over to Winn's station.

"Okay, this setup is way more advanced than any of Argus's tech." Lyla said.

"It should be, Winn designed it himself. All of the tech we use either came from Cisco at Star Labs, or Winn. He's a genius." Oliver said and Lyla nodded.

"Yeah, he is." Lyla said as she accessed the Argus database to try and pull up Winn's location, but the signal was dark.

"His signal's not coming up." Lyla said.

"Fortunately, we have a backup option." Oliver said as he typed a few things in.

"What's that?" Lyla asked as she saw the computers begin to load.

"The tracker may be down, but we can access the last place it was at before it was deactivated. It's a new security protocol that causes the computer to not just track Winn's implant, but also store the data so if it goes offline, we can at least pull up it's last location." Oliver said and a few minutes later, they had it.

"This is the exact location he was at before his tracker went offline." Oliver said.

"Wherever he is, he's smart. He'll likely try to reactivate his tracker or find some other way to give us his location." Lyla said and Oliver nodded.

"Lyla, do you have any idea on who might do this?" Oliver asked.

"A few. My first guess would be his father." Lyla said.

"What are you talking about?" Oliver asked.

"Oh, Winn never told you about his father." Lyla said.

"What about his father?" Oliver asked.

"Oliver, Winn's father is a terrorist. They call him Toyman." Lyla said.

"As in the same Toyman who was all over the news for escaping prison?" Oliver asked.

"That's the one. We had the news keep Toyman's real name off the air since if people find out he's Toyman's son, it could end up jeopardizing his job as an Argus agent, since he'll have all eyes on him." Lyla explained and Oliver nodded.

"Lyla, you need to release the name and photo of him. People need to know what he looks like so that they can be prepared if they see him." Oliver said and Lyla sighed.

"You're right. I don't like it, but you're right." Lyla sighed.

"I'll go check out this location. See if there are any clues we can use to find Winn." Oliver said.