Chapter 103

"I'll get the hostages, Canary, Frostbite, cover me." Green Arrow said.

"Copy that." Frostbite said and White Canary nodded as Green Arrow fired a cable arrow into the rafters and used it to get to the hostages while White Canary snapped her batons together into a bo staff.

"You two honestly think you're a match for us?" Brick asked.

"Well, let's find out." Frostbite said as she began ice blasting them while White Canary lunged forward and began fighting them hand to hand.

"Winn, you read me?" Green Arrow asked over the comms.

"Hey, when can I get a codename like the rest of you?" Winn asked.

"Now is not the time for this Winn, you read me or not?" Green Arrow growled.

"Okay, okay yes, sorry. You're getting close to hostages and bad news, there are a lot of thugs surrounding them." Winn said.

"And this is why I'm glad Oliver taught me to fight in the dark. Kill the lights, that should give me an advantage." Green Arrow said.

"Copy that." Winn said over the comms and a moment later, the lights in the area went out and Green Arrow grinned.

"Let's do this." Green Arrow said as he jumped down from the rafters.

"Oh, little upgrade I made to your mask, it has lens in it that work like night vision goggles. Canary and Frostbite have them to." Winn said and Green Arrow grinned.

"Copy that, how do I turn them on?" Green Arrow asked.

"There's a control on your wrist computer that should activate them." Winn said and Green Arrow nodded as he looked at his wrist computer and saw the control Winn told him about and turned it on. Immediately, lens dropped down in his mask and provided Roy with what he guessed was night vision.

"This is going to be fun." Green Arrow said as he got to work cutting through the thugs guarding the hostages.

White Canary and Frostbite had managed to force Brick to retreat and they were preparing to follow when Green Arrow came on over their comms.

"Canary, Frostbite, break off." Green Arrow said.

"What, we've got them running?" Frostbite asked.

"There are injured officers here. Some of them can't walk. I need help getting them to safety. Winn has already alerted emergency services." Green Arrow said.

"But what about Brick?" White Canary asked.

"I'll seal the warehouse up so no one can get in until the authorities arrive." Winn said over the comms.

"We'll join you as soon as we've gotten these guys out the doors." White Canary said.

"Copy that." Green Arrow said.

Later that night after the battle, Quentin entered the bunker.

"I can now why there's any corruption on the force. Everyone else has got better resources." Quentin said dryly and Sara rolled her eyes at her father.

"Very funny dad. How are those cops doing?" Sara asked.

"Well, they'll be stuck on desk duty for a few weeks while they recover, but all in all, it could've been worse, since they're still breathing after all." Quentin said.

"And the evidence warehouse. Was anything taken?" Roy asked.

"Our CSIs are still cataloging everything, but so far, nothing seems out of place." Quentin said.

"Good. And Brick?" Roy asked.

"It's an alias for Daniel Brickwell. He's a crime lord that we've been trying to put away for years." Quentin said.

"Trying. Why haven't you succeeded?" Thea asked.

"While we've got plenty of evidence on Brick, there's never been anything we could make stick. Why exactly did you let him go tonight?" Quentin asked.

"Getting the hostages to safety was our priority." Roy said simply and Quentin nodded in acceptance at that answer.

"I can live with that. I just hope you can find him before he does something too big to be ignored." Quentin said.

"It would help if we knew where to look." Winn said.

"Dad, any chance you could get us access to all this evidence you've got against Brick? Maybe we can use it to find him." Sara said.

"I'll see what I can do." Quentin said as he left.

"You okay?" Thea asked her boyfriend.

"I just can't help but think that maybe if Oliver and Laurel were here, we could've Brick tonight." Roy said.

"Oliver would've made the exact the same call as you did tonight. His priorities have always been clear. Protecting the people of this city always comes first. And the call you made tonight Roy, that was exactly what he would've done. You know, you might actually be turning into a real leader after all." Sara said.

"You think so?" Roy asked.

"I know so. But if you're still unsure, when Oliver and Laurel get back from their honeymoon next week, you can ask him yourself. I'd call now, but before they left, Oliver made it clear that anyone who interrupts their honeymoon with a work related call will be used for target practice when they get back." Sara said and Thea chuckled.

"That sounds like Ollie alright." Thea said.

"Come on. We're not gonna be any good to the city if we don't get some sleep." Roy said as they moved to leave, since they'd already changed out of their suits.