Chapter 89

After placing both Tommy and Helena in the bunker's holding cells, Team Arrow gathered in the center of the bunker, trying to figure out what to do.

"I can't believe that Tommy would actually become just like his father. He's always wanted to prove that he's nothing like Malcolm." Laurel said, still not believing that one of her oldest friends was cold blooded killer.

"The League must've recruited Tommy shortly after he left town. Ra's must've mind controlled him to turn Tommy into the perfect weapon to use against me." Oliver said.

"But you two were allies. Why would he want a weapon to use against you?" Roy asked.

"Because while we were dealing with Darhk, Ra's tried to get me to join the League, I refused. I'm guessing this is his way of telling me that's not an option." Oliver said.

"So what do we do?" Thea asked as she looked at the surveillance of the man who was like a second brother to her.

"First, we free Tommy from Ra's control. Then we take the fight to Ra's himself." Oliver said.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Laurel asked.

"He's never going to stop coming for me until he's stopped." Oliver said.

"He's right." Sara said as she joined them.

"Hey, how was your trip?" Laurel asked her sister.

"It was fun. But now I'm glad to get back. Winn sent me all the details, which I looked over on the plane ride back here." Sara said.

"So, what's the plan for unscrambling Tommy's brain?" Thea asked.

"I'm guessing that's why you called me here?" J'onn asked as he entered the bunker.

"J'onn, thanks for coming out on such short notice." Oliver said.

"It gave me an excuse to check up on Alex after she got back in town, so you're welcome. But anyways, you were a bit vague on the phone." J'onn said as Oliver explained things to him.

"Where are they?" J'onn asked after Oliver had finished.

"Follow me." Oliver said as he led J'onn back to where they were holding Tommy and Helena, who were both still unconscious.

"Can you free his mind?" Oliver asked J'onn, who nodded.

"Yeah. I'm also going to scan Helena's mind and see if there's anything wrong with her mind." J'onn said and Oliver nodded.

"Just do it." Oliver said and J'onn nodded as his eyes glowed red for a few minutes before the glow left.

"It's done." J'onn said.

"That was fast." Oliver said.

"League mind control might be impressive, but it's no match for martian telepathy." J'onn said and Oliver nodded.

"And Helena?" Oliver asked.

"There was nothing wrong with her mind Oliver, but the grief I felt from her, the painful memories, it reminds of how I was when I first came to earth. I mourned for my people, my parents, my wife and my daughters. For so long, I let that pain consume me." J'onn said.

"But I'm guessing it doesn't anymore?" Oliver asked.

"No. Because eventually, I found a new family. The Danvers. Just like Kara, I found a peace with them. Jeremiah was the first one to ever treat me as an equal and then Alex, Eliza and Kara, they helped me find a new family. It sounds similar to what Helena is going through." J'onn said.

"Maybe. But she still committed crimes she needs to answer for. They both do." Oliver said, looking at Tommy regretfully. He'd already lost him once, but he knew that when Tommy came to, he'd want to face the music for his crimes.

J'onn nodded and said "I'm glad I could help, but I have other things to do."

"J'onn, you have more than helped enough." Oliver said.

"I'll see you at your wedding. Congratulations on that again." J'onn said, since he'd also been invited to the wedding.

"Thank you." Oliver said with a smile as J'onn walked out and he waited for Tommy and Helena to come to.