Chapter 159

"So, you think you can get through to her?" Laurel asked Oliver.

"I don't know, but I feel like I have to try." Oliver said.

"You might've been the one who killed her father, but you're not responsible for the choices she made. Those are on her." Laurel said.

"Maybe so, but that doesn't change anything. I have to try and get through to her." Oliver said.

"And that is what makes you a hero. You refuse to give up on people." Laurel said.

"More like I've given up on too many people in the past. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice." Oliver said.

"Pardon the intrusion Mr. and Mrs. Queen, but Dr. Heywood has made a discovery that I believe you should both be made aware of." Gideon said, waking Jasmine up from her nap in the process.

"Seriously Gideon, I thought I asked you to keep your volume low in here when Jasmine is napping." Laurel said as she picked her crying daughter up to soothe her.

"My apologies Mrs. Queen." Gideon said.

"Let's go find out what this is about. Something tells me we're not getting her back down again any time soon." Oliver said.

"I'll catch up. I'm going to go get her a bottle from the kitchen." Laurel said, since she honestly did not feel comfortable nursing Jasmine until they were off this ship and back home where they belonged and Oliver nodded.

"So, what's going on?" Oliver asked.

"I think I've got a lead on the earth totem." Nate said.

"You've got my attention." Oliver said.

"Where's your wife. She should be here for this." Rip asked.

"Gideon woke Jasmine up from a nap and now Laurel's getting her a bottle. Though depending on where we're going, I might let her take this totem and I'll spend some time with Jasmine." Oliver said.

"Well, we're going to the Bahamas 1717. I'm pretty sure the earth totem found its way into the possession of Edward Teach." Nate said.

"Wait, Blackbeard?" Oliver asked.

"You know about him?" Ray asked.

"What young boy does not go through a pirate stage without learning about the most famous one of all." Oliver said.

"Fair point." Ronnie acknowledged as Laurel entered the bridge, holding a sleeping Jasmine in her arms.

"How is she?" Oliver asked.

"Managed to get her down after feeding her a bottle. So, where are we headed next?" Laurel asked.

"1717. Better strap in." Rip said.

"Where exactly are we going there?" Laurel asked.

"The Bahamas." Oliver said.

"Nice, can we stay a little while after we're done there?" Laurel asked.

"Unfortunately, the Bahamas are not the vacation spot they are in your time. The entire place is run by pirates and we're going there because we believe that the earth totem is there." Ray said.

"And we'll really just be dropping you off, since it is too dangerous for the Waverider to remain in that area for long." Rip said.

"Why?" Ronnie asked.

"Because it's in the middle of the bermuda triangle." Rip said.

"You're kidding Rip. You're a time master, you can't really believe all those stories about ships disappearing right." Ray said.

"I do because I've seen several of them. Something about that area messes with electronics. It could cause a level 4 systems failure and I cannot risk stranding the ship in that era." Rip said.

"So you drop us off and pick us up when we're done." Nate said.

"Pretty much, so who's going." Rip asked.

"I'm going." Mari said immediately.

"So am I. Couldn't hurt to have some magic, plus, this age of lawlessness, it calls to me." Constantine said.

"So will Nate and I." Ray said and Nate nodded his agreement.

"Will either of you two be going as well?" Rip asked Oliver and Laurel.

"I think I'm gonna stay here, see if I can get through to Nora." Oliver said.

"And you Laurel?" Rip asked.

"Well, since Ollie helped get the water and fire totems while I was here on the ship, I guess it's only fair that I get to help find the Earth totem. Besides, I'm sure my cry can help convince Blackbeard if he won't cooperate. After all, if I remember correctly, aren't sirens still believed to be real in this time period?" Laurel asked.

"Indeed they are." Rip said.

"Captain, shall I plot a course?" Gideon asked.

"Yes Gideon." Rip said as they all got strapped into seats, Laurel holding Jasmine tightly as they prepared to make the time jump.