Chapter 33

"Hey." Oliver said as he approached his sister, who was currently sitting in the waiting room of Starling General Hospital, where Roy was currently in surgery.

"How'd you convince mom to pay for Roy to be treated here?" Thea asked Oliver.

"I reminded her what a good influence Roy's been on you lately. You've definitely become the best version of yourself because he's around." Oliver said with a smile.

"Thank you." Thea said.

"How are you feeling?" Oliver asked.

"I'm fine. No major injuries, honestly I was unconscious until the end." Thea said and Oliver nodded as he pulled her aside.

"How are you doing really?" Oliver asked her.

"I'm freaking out about not only discovering these weird cold abilities, but also that my big brother is the hero of Star City." Thea said.

"I'm not a hero Thea." Oliver asked.

"You saved my life and a few months ago, the Glades would've been destroyed and if it weren't for you. You're a hero Ollie. But I have to ask, why are you doing this?" Thea asked.

"I'll tell you later at my base. But you're not going to tell anyone right?" Oliver asked.

"Your secret is safe with me and I'll make sure Roy agrees to that." Thea said and Oliver smiled at her thankfully.

"And also, I want to join your team." Thea said and Oliver sighed.

"I was hoping to keep you and mom as far away from this as possible, but I guess that isn't possible with you anymore. Fine. But you're not getting in the field until first, you master your new powers and second, after I've finished training you." Oliver said and Thea nodded.

"I'm assuming the same thing goes for Roy?" Thea asked, knowing her boyfriend would want to join to.

"I'm thinking Roy's role on the team will be as what I use for target practice." Oliver said and Thea rolled her eyes at him.

"Seriously Ollie. You just said you think Roy's a good influence on me." Thea said.

"I did, but I'm also your big brother and with dad gone, it's my job to terrify your boyfriend. But seriously Thea, if he hurts you, I will turn him into a human pincushion." Oliver said and Thea actually looked a little scared for her boyfriend.

"But considering the fact that I'm sure he'll be terrified of me now, I'm sure we'll have nothing to worry about." Oliver said, since he honestly thought that Roy was the one boy on earth who did deserve his little sister.

"Okay then." Thea said.

"And mom can never know about this." Oliver said, even though he was already sure his mom was starting to figure things out.

"Well duh. But what about my phone's tracker. If mom notices me going anywhere I'm not supposed to, I'm toast." Thea said.

"I have someone who can hack your phone to make it look like you're at my place, since mom said it was okay for you be there. Also, we'll have to limit your actions in the field for right now." Oliver said and Thea nodded.

"One more question." Thea said.

"Shoot." Oliver said.

"Laurel and Sara. They're the other vigilantes I saw today aren't they?" Thea asked and Oliver smiled, honestly impressed.

"Yeah, Laurel's the Black Canary and Sara is the White Canary." Oliver confirmed.

"What's my codename going to be?" Thea asked.

"Why don't we wait until you get your suit before you worry about that." Oliver said and Thea nodded a bit reluctantly.

When Roy came to, he found Thea sitting at his bedside.

"Thea." Roy said as Thea stopped him from getting up.

"Relax Roy, I'm fine. But you have some pretty bad injuries. You need to rest." Thea said as she took his hand in her own.

"I saw your brother." Roy said.

"Yeah that was real and if I were you, I'd keep it to yourself, since he is willing to let us join." Thea said and Roy nodded.

"I'm so sorry Thea. You never would've gotten involved in that if you hadn't met me." Roy said.

"Hey, it wasn't your fault Roy. You couldn't have known, but at least now we're both safe." Thea said.

"I love you." Roy said suddenly.

"What?" Thea asked, shocked, since she didn't think they were there yet.

"Sorry if that was too sudden, but." Roy said as Thea silenced him with a kiss.

"I was just surprised." Thea said.

"And now?" Roy asked.

Thea wasn't sure what she was going to say, but then, as if her mouth had a mind of its own she said "I love you to."

She was surprised to see hear herself say that, but at the same time, felt so right to say that to him.

Roy smiled as he just continued holding Thea's hand, neither of them saying a thing to each other, both of them already knowing.