Chapter 129

"You're still trying to get things at Queen Consolidated under control? You know we have to leave for Central City in 2 days?" Laurel asked.

"I know, but I can't find anyone I trust to run the company while we're gone, since John is going to Central City with us and so's Thea." Oliver said.

"What about the board?" Laurel asked.

"I don't trust Mr. Dennis, since I'm sure he's planning a coup, I just don't have proof of it yet." Oliver said.

"Maybe Walter could take back over until we get back. I'm sure the board wouldn't mind, since they backed him before." Laurel said.

"And people think I only married you for your looks." Oliver said and Laurel smiled as she kissed him.

"We both know that the only reason you even considered me in the first place was my looks." Laurel said.

"True, but your brains are part of why I married you." Oliver agreed.

"You should go talk to Walter." Laurel said and Oliver nodded.

Raisa showed Oliver into the parlor to find Walter watching the news.

"Oliver, what a surprise." Walter said pleasantly to his stepson.

"Where's mom?" Oliver asked.

"Both she and Robert are napping. We've finally been able to get him on a decent sleep schedule. Though I suspect you'll learn that soon enough. But anyways, what brings you here?" Walter asked and Oliver chuckled.

"I needed to talk to you about something." Oliver said.

"Yes, what is it?" Walter asked.

"Both myself and my new VP John Diggle are going to be in Central City next week for a wedding and I just don't trust certain members of the board to run the company while I'm gone. Especially Mr. Dennis." Oliver said.

"So you're hoping I'd be willing to come back to the company while you're gone?" Walter asked and Oliver smiled.

"I understand if you don't want to." Oliver said.

"Actually, I've found retirement to be a bit boring and I will also start trying to uncover if any of your suspicions are correct." Walter said.

"Thank you Walter." Oliver said.

"My pleasure." Walter said.

John was currently standing in a hotel room, buttoning up his shirt as he heard someone exit the bathroom.

"So, when do you leave for your next mission?" John asked as he turned to see Lyla Michaels wearing only a bath towel and her hair still wet from her shower, standing in front of him.

"Not for a few weeks, why? You know this room is technically ours for as long as we need it." Lyla said with a smile, since they were currently in the hotel room that Argus kept on reservation at the Outstrander hotel.

"Actually, I was hoping that you'd be my plus one to Barry and Kara's wedding." John said and Lyla smiled.

"Well, I do need to debrief Alex and Sara anyways on something, plus it means more time with you, so I'm in. Who else is going?" Lyla asked.

"The whole team was invited and I think most of the hero community will be in attendance." John said.

"Nice. But anyways, how long do I have to pack." Lyla asked.

"A few days." John said and Lyla nodded.

"Perfect." Lyla said.