Chapter 75

While the boys were fighting Darhk, the Black Canary and Frostbite found that they got their own fill of the action, since it turns out that Darhk kept his idol well guarded. However, between Frostbite's cold powers and Black Canary's sonic cry, the ghosts were quickly dealt with as they approached the room that Winn had informed them Darhk's idol was in.

"Okay Winn, I'm assuming that Darhk would not put the source of his magic's safety in just the hands of his soldiers. What sort of security systems are we looking at?" Black Canary asked, since right now, the only thing they saw in the room was the idol, but it seemed too easy.

"Give me a minute." Winn said as he worked.

"Okay, Darhk is really going all out on security for this thing. The entire room is lined with a laser grid." Winn said.

"We can't see it." Frostbite said.

"That's because it's an invisible laser grid. Frostbite, use your cold blast to reveal the lasers." Winn said.

"Copy that." Frostbite said as she ice blasted the grid, revealing it.

"Any suggestions on what to do?" Black Canary asked.

"You know how we've been working to refine your cry?" Winn asked.

"Yeah, why?" Black Canary asked.

"I think you can use it to destroy the laser emitters. The system won't work without them." Winn said.

"Copy that. You might want to cover your ears." Black Canary said to Frostbite as she got out of Black Canary's way as she took a deep breath and unleashed her sonic cry and just like Winn suggested, her cry destroyed both the ice and laser projectors.

"Any other traps we should know about?" Frostbite asked.

"Uh, only one and it's the cold kind." Winn said as a new reading came onto his monitors.

"Icicle's inbound." Black Canary realized.

"Bingo. Not sure why I couldn't track him the same I do Frostbite, but he just appeared on my scopes." Winn said.

"Get the idol. I'll deal with my father." Frostbite said to Black Canary.

"You sure?" Black Canary asked.

"Yeah, he's not getting away this time." Frostbite said and Black Canary nodded as she headed in and Frostbite turned around, summoning an ice dagger just in time to catch her father's own ice dagger.

"Winn, any ideas on how to destroy this idol?" Black Canary asked him over the comms as she walked up to it.

"My advice, try treating it like an opera singer with a glass. You scream at the right frequency, you'll shatter that thing into a million pieces." Winn said.

"Got it." Black Canary said as she took a deep breath and began using her sonic cry and she could actually hear Winn telling her the frequencies she was hitting over the comms until finally, the idol shattered like glass.

"That was intense." Black Canary said as she gasped heavily, since she'd never used her cry for that long before.

"Well, at least the job is done, though I'd grab a couple of pieces to keep it from putting itself back together." Winn advised.

"Got it." Black Canary said.

"How disappointing we find ourselves on opposite sides again. We could be so much stronger together my daughter." Icicle said.

"I chose my side and my family. And neither of them include you." Frostbite said as she summoned an ice sword to her other hand and swung it at Icicle, nicking him in the shoulder before he countered by summoning a sword of his own.

"So you have a sword. But can you use it as well as I can?" Frostbite asked as the two began sparring and while Icicle was impressive, Frostbite had been trained in the art of swords by both Oliver Queen and Sara Lance, so her skills were far superior as she used her blade to shatter Icicle's blade like the ice it was made out of and she then ice blasted him back and to the ground.

"Go on, do it. End me." Icicle said as his daughter stood over him.

"Oh believe, I want to kill you for what you did to my mom and for threatening my family." Frostbite said as she encased her fist in ice and held it up and Icicle braced himself to die.

"Frostbite, don't kill him. That's not who you are." Black Canary said.

"Don't listen to her. You're like me. Now do it." Icicle said.

"I'm nothing like you." Frostbite said as she slammed her fist into her father's head, not hard enough to kill him, but hard enough that he'd have a concussion when he woke up.

"Nice move." Black Canary said.

"I'm not a killer. Besides, maybe now that we've got him, we can find a way to cure him." Frostbite said and Black Canary smiled as she got on the comms.

"Green Arrow, the idol is destroyed and Icicle is captured. What's your status?" Black Canary asked her fiance.

"Darhk is dead and Hive is finished. We need to get Icicle to Argus lock up now." Green Arrow said.

"Copy that." Black Canary said as she helped Frostbite pick him up and they got him out of there.