Chapter 72

Oliver was starting to get impatient as he watched Winn examine the implant the League had taken from Fayad.

"Winn, have you made any progress yet?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, the encryption on this thing was surprisingly easy to crack." Winn said.

"You'd think that Hive would go to much deeper lengths to protect their secrets." Oliver said and Winn nodded.

"My thoughts exactly, which is why I've been examining the implant I finally figured out why it was so easy for me to crack in the encryption." Winn said.

"So?" Oliver asked.

"Because I'm the one who set it. This is Argus tech. Fayad must've been providing Hive with it." Winn said and now Oliver understood.

"Makes sense. To anyone else, your encryption would be much harder to crack." Oliver said and Winn nodded.

"I think we should talk to Lyla, see if there are any other Hive agents in Argus." Winn said.

"And not just Argus. Who's to say they haven't infiltrated other organizations to." Oliver said and Winn nodded.

"Anyways, back on the subject of the implant, I've already begun pulling all it's previous locations from it's tracking history and I'm using an algorithm to determine any points of frequent use in Star City. That's most likely what Hive's base will be." Winn said.

"Let me know when you get that data. In the meantime, I'm going to go to Lyla." Oliver said and Winn nodded as he got to work.

"Okay Oliver, what exactly is so important we needed to talk?" Lyla asked.

"Argus has been compromised." Oliver said.

"What?" Lyla asked.

"Mina Fayad, you know her?" Oliver asked.

"Of course I do she's ex Argus." Lyla said.

"And as of now, ex Hive, as in she's dead. She had a tracking implant in her that Winn identified as Argus tech with his coding. There's a good chance Hive has infiltrated Argus." Oliver said and now Lyla was giving this her whole attention.

"Who do you know we can trust right now?" Lyla asked.

"You, Alex, Winn and Sara. No one else is above suspicion." Oliver said.

"Well even so Oliver, I'd have to wait until Alex gets back, since she's the director of Argus, which means." Lyla said.

"Which means that she has to approve any internal investigations into the organization while also being able to keep it off the books." Oliver said, honestly missing the days when Lyla was director, since it was so much easier to do things like this when she was at the top, but he knew how things were and Alex was still an upgrade from Waller.

"Can you please bring her to speed on this quickly, we need to figure out how deep Hive's infiltration spreads. I mean, for all we know, Fayad could be the extent of it, but I'd like to be sure." Oliver said and Lyla nodded.

"I'll try and call her now, but chances are she's either asleep or otherwise engaged in Metropolis for tonight." Lyla said.

"It can wait until after the wedding. I'd rather not get Supergirl or the Flash involved in this right now. They both don't exactly understand the morally questionable decisions I've had to make." Oliver said.

"Like working with the League of Assassins." Lyla said and Oliver nodded.

"The only reason I'm working with them Lyla is because Ra's has necessary intel we need to stop a serious threat to not only this city, but maybe the world and unlike me, he doesn't have any issues with how he gets that intel. I mean I'm just as capable, but." Oliver said.

"But there are lines you don't like crossing unless it's an absolute last resort." Lyla said and Oliver nodded.

"I gotta go. Oh, by the way, John's back in town. Not sure for how long, but you should talk to him before he leaves again." Oliver said.

"I'll keep that in mind." Lyla said as Oliver walked out of Argus HQ.