She then folded the prayer mat and turned off the light.

She felt as if she could breath again after such a long time.

*

It was Friday, the day Ozhan and Shehwar were going to be tied by the strong knot of Nikah and have a small reception at night before they would leave for a small home Ozhan had bought some years ago. Where Mehar was supposed to move into.

But fate had other plans.

Shehwar found herself sprawled on her bed. Wide awake. She didn't sleep a wink that night.

The thought that she'd be married and to the one person she hated the most right then, had her stomach in knots.

The love of a mother, a beautiful friendship; Ozhan took away everything she cherished with all of her, and she hated him for that. Ozhan put a strain between two sisters, she couldn't face Mehar anymore and that was all because of him.

She felt as if she betrayed Mehar in the worst possible way.

A knock sounded. 'Shehwar, bachay, can I come in?'

She closed her eyes letting a few tears escape her eyes and make their way down her temples and into her messy brown hair. It wasn't her mother.

She sighed wiping her face when her aunt knocked again.

'Shehwar?'

'Yes aunty.' she called sitting up and pulling her hair behind her ear.

Her aunt opened the door slightly and poked her head inside. 'ALLAH!' she couldn't help but exclaim. 'Larki you are still in bed?!' horrified, she asked.

Shehwar cracked her sticky stingy eyes open to see her aunt staring at her wide-eyed.

'Uh yeah, I will get up just let-'

'What has happened to your eyes? Have you been crying all night? They are red!'

Shehwar ducked her head and bit her trembling lower lip. A few drops slid down her face.

'Oh love,' her aunt sighed closing the door gently and came by the bed over to Shehwar. Standing, she hugged Shehwar who sat on the bed.

'What is it? Do you feel scared that you will be leaving this house?'

Shehwar shook her head in her aunt's chest and encircled her arms around her aunt's slightly healthy frame.

'Then what is it? What kept you awake all night?'

What should she tell her? That she didn't want to marry her son?

It was too late. Her aunt was probably here to see if she had started getting ready.

As Shehwar didn't want to go out, they had called a beautician at home and she was probably going to be at their house within an hour.

She sniffed. 'Just... miss you. I'll miss you.'

Her aunt laughed slightly and raked her fingers in her hair to rid of a few knots and scrapped her skull a little.

Shehwar closed her eyes and relished in the feeling that overcame her, it was so good.

'It isn't so far, the house. You can come whenever you want. You know how to drive. Hmm?'

Shehwar nodded slightly before her aunt kissed her forehead and pulled back.

'Now go take a shower, the beautician will be here shortly.'

With a slightly light heart, Shehwar scooted a little and wore her slippers. She walked to her attached bathroom while her aunt set her things and checked her bags incase Shehwar forgot to put something in there of importance.