Mehar didn't know what to say. She'd loved him. She truly did, but as he sat there in front of her, she found questioning herself.

What was that she saw in him? He had never treated her good, or the way she should've been treated. Then what?

Was it the thought of engagement and a fairytale wedding that made her so blind that she accepted everything he threw her way like a fool?

But she knew that wasn't the case, she'd truly loved him. There wasn't any other explanation as to why she would put up with his ignorance towards her all those years they've been engaged.

Love? That word was so heavy, yet it seemed to be thrown around like it had no worth.

There she was, saying that she loved him but the same morning in her university, she'd criticised Zahyan's word when he mentioned him loving her.

He puts up with your ignorance and hatred too. The sudden thought had her baffled but it wasn't a surprise, she knew he did. Zahyan took every insult, every glare of hatred his way and still didn't back down. Until recently, when he'd promised he won't bother her anymore.

Did she make him feel the way she felt right then?

Cold, empty handed and stranded in the middle of a vast desert.

Was she the Ozhan in Zahyan's life?

She shook her head and found Ozhan awaiting her response.

'It's alright, I forgive you.'

And she did, she wasn't lying. There was no point holding grudges, and besides she wanted her sister and Ozhan to be happy in their lives ahead. So she couldn't hold onto the past and drag them along because she knew it would effect her sister's life. And she didn't want that.

Besides, she was to be blamed for expecting too much from Ozhan. It was her who'd been living in a fairy tale and it was about time she lived in the real world.

'Really?' his eyes seemed to be shining. He seemed as if a weight had lifted off of his shoulders.

'Yeah,'

'Thank you so much Mehar.'

She shrugged picking at a loose thread of her neck scarf.

'I'll be going then, Ammi had asked me to drive her to jewellers. We have to get a somewhat engagement ring for Dur.' he smiled and scrambled to his feet leaving his tea half full.

Mehar watched him run towards the back door and inside with a sinking heart. She realised, that some little part of her wasn't able to let him go still.

That night after praying Isha, Mehar made a long Dua. She asked ALLAH to grant her peace and grant her what's best for her. To make her previous life experiences teachful for her and for her to be able to make good decisions in future. To guide her on the right path and surround her with good and loyal people.

She prayed for those who were going through so much, just for their freedom. She prayed for them and asked for ALLAH to grant her such strength so that she could help her Muslim brothers and sisters who are in need. She prayed for the Muslim Ummah to unite once again.

She asked ALLAH to grant her sister a happy life and fill her upcoming future with peace and tranquility.

She asked for someone who would look after herself and care for her, love her the way Ozhan did to her sister.