Fifty-Seven

Crystal
"It's August nineteenth you know what that means! Happy birthday Crystal!"

"Thanks Julian."

I smile coming down the stairs into the living room and sitting next to him on the couch. Grinning he hands me a strawberry from his bowl that's tucked on his lap.

"Raiding my fridge I see?"

"Wouldn't be a sleep over if I didn't eat everything in there."

"That's true is Kayla still passed out?"

"Mhm I assume she's going to have a bit of a hang over you two really went in on the preparty drinks last night"

"I mainly stuck with the vodka she went in on the whiskey I didn't want to hear it from my mother today if I look like shit."

"Can't say I blame you but I have coffee out there and something special for your breakfast. Kayla had it stashed at your neighbor Teresa's house not Jim he said Ray would accidentally blab it anyway she brought it in after you fell asleep."

"Oo that sounds interesting so is that why you're eating berries?"

"Mhm I didn't know how long you guys would be asleep for."

"Is it hidden good can I get in the fridge and cabinet?"

"Yep it's safe I'll know if you peek cause the door will make noise."

"I'm not going to peek don't worry."

I smile shaking my head as I head into the kitchen for some orange juice and more berries.

"You know something I really need to get more coffee creamer."

"Yeah I finished the chocolate caramel one."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah sorry."

"You liar."

I laugh sitting next to him as he puts some cartoons on I nudge him over when he tries to steal my glass.

"You already stole my creamer you want juice go get your own."

"How rude."

"That's what you get."

"I thought I heard voices down here happy birthday babes is my child annoying you?"

"He is he drank all my creamer and thank you."

I scoot over so she can join us I give her a berry and Julia lets her have some of his coffee.

"How are you feeling baby?"

"Better than I did at seven this morning my head was pounding so I took some Advil and passed back out."

"Is your head still hurting?"

"It's a bit uncomfortable but once I get some food it'll be all good we have a special birthday breakfast for you."

"Julian mentioned you brought something."

"He's right go on into the dinning room I'll bring it out in little bit."