Four

Lucas
"How was your day yesterday?"

"It was amazing we got up early had hot chocolate before opening our gifts. Then we went to my grandparents house and everyone was there it was so full."

Fixing my hair as I Skype with Michael, the break had been great so far I got to hang out with some friends in the snow. See a bunch of my family an even relaxed about everything it was going great.

"That's great sounds like you had a good time."

"I did how about you?"

I asked as I set my brush down and leaned back.

"I had a great day it was completely wonderful we did a lot of games, watched Christmas movies and pigged out."

"Now that sounds like a great day too."

"What are your plans now that Christmas is over?"

"I don't have any really today, my grandma wants to stop by the church after dinner but before and after not much planned."

"Lucky we're cleaning some of the attic out and I feel like it's going to take forever."

Michael groaned as he looked at the ceiling before glancing back at me with a grin.

"Good lucky my dude that doesn't sound fun at all."

"Ehh she said we can have cookies after so I'm down for it."

Laughing I tell him about the party mom was having for New Years and combining my birthday with it.

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah she's inviting some of my friends a little family and some of our family friends so it's just like a regular birthday party. Then on my actual birthday we're going to spend the day out to hang out as a family."

"I can't believe you're finally going to be eighteen."

"I know I'm ready for it and then in a few months you'll be eighteen it's going to be great."

"Have you told your parents what you want for a gift?"

"They can't give it."

I smirk leaning back in my seat as he laughs shaking his head adjusting his pillow.

"You my friend are something else and this is one of the many reasons why we are best friends."

"Exactly."

Clicking on my instagram I scroll through my recommendations looking for someone new to follow.

"Dude dude no way I found her instagram and it's not on private."

"Give me the name!"

Rattling it off I wait for him to get on it before we look through the pictures together.

"Do you see the one where she's at her best friend's engagement party?"

"Yeah they all look so happy and the caption is great, congratulations to my sister from another mister on her engagement to this incredible man. Wishing you both a beautiful future together and Julian be sure the cheese is always in stock."

"I'm enjoying her other captions damn have you seen her dog Leo he's fucking huge!"

"Yeah it says he's a Rottie-Pitt wow he is really big I pity anyone who tries to break in."

I comment continuing to scroll through her feed deciding to click onto Kayla's instagram as well.

"A very happy birthday to the number one pizza babe in my life from childhood into adulthood it's been wonderful being your best friend. I love you to infinity and beyond."