Thirty-Eight

(A/n just quickly wanna say thank you so much for 11k reads much love! xx)
Crystal
"Please be considerate of others skaters you aren't the only people out there you're representing the school lets try to keep things school appropriate."

I say looking at a few of the senior boys who nod trying to keep the smiles from their faces holding the door open for them to go in I follow after.

"No pushing, shoving, roughhousing, fighting or tripping."

"What's the point of going then?"

"Mr. Dolton maybe you'd rather go home than spend Monday in detention with Mr. Curtis."

I reply knowing most students hated having detention with him Dolton shakes his head quickly.

"Mr. Eric has already paid so please tell them your skate size put them on and go have fun if you need anything we'll be sat on the benches."

Waving them off I take my bag sitting down taking a book out I remove the marker starting to read. I glance up once in a while to be sure none of them were causing any trouble I spot Michael and Lacy dragging Lucas around the floor laughing. Smiling I watch as he laughs trying to shake their hands off before managing to slip away.

"Crazy that the school year is almost over."

David the other chaperon who teaches eleventh-grade science I smile nodding my head.

"I know this year has gone by so quickly the graduation ceremony is almost done being planned."

"Has Stacy picked a day yet?"

"Yes, June thirteenth it starts at three and ends after seven because we'll have refreshments and stuff as well."

"Oh okay great I was a little worried about the day my family and I are leaving for vacation on the fifteenth and I didn't want to miss the ceremony."

We chat a little longer before deciding to lace up some rollerskates ourself and head out on the rink. I join a few students who are racing we skate across the floor their laughter causing my heart to lift. Teaching may be really difficult at times but seeing them so happy and enjoying a school activity made it worth the stress.

"May I race you, Ms. Crystal?"

Turning I look to see Michael smirking I nod with a grin as we move to one wall hand placed on it.

"First one to the other wall in a straight line wins."

We count off before racing off zipping pass other students and trying not to run into them my hand smacks the wall with Michael getting it right behind me. 

"Michael you lost big time."

A few of the students tease him congratulating me we continue back and forth before Lucas comes over.

"Mind if I give it a try?"

"Sure."

We stand at the wall and he leans over slightly muttering under his breath.

"Winner gets a prize?"

"Deal."

I let him count off before we push off the wall I slip between two students pushing harder on the floor slipping past him and touching the wall.

"Even after racing multiple times she still beat him!"

Smiling I raise my brow at Lucas as he pouts patting his shoulder I skate off high fiving Lacy as I go. The hours pass in a blur the excitement and fun filling us all sitting off on the bench to rest my legs I stretch my arms.