Forty-Seven*

Lucas
"Come on now we need to get to the school."

My mother calls to the girls as we wait at the bottom of the stairs with Tom our dad already being out in the car waiting.

"We're coming I couldn't find my bow."

Rose says as the two quickly walks down the stairs putting their shoes on we head out to the car my dad honking.

"Thought I was going to need to send in a search party.

"It was the girls."

"More specifically Rose."

I add to Tom's statement buckling my seatbelt I rub my hand over my pants they were a little clammy this was it. I was finally receiving my high school diploma and making that walk across stage.

"Who are you staying with tonight son?"

"One of the guys from my history class is having a small get together we're having a bonfire and then a few are going back to his place."

"No drinking or drugs."

"Don't have to tell me twice I know how to be a responsible adult."

"Could have fooled me I saw those Barney pajamas you still have."

Tom replies I reach over slapping the back of his head a grin covering my face as he groans rubbing the spot.

"That's what you get for lying on me and if anyone has kiddish pajamas it's you Mr. Powerpuff girls nightgown."

"Boys that's enough."

"He started it."

"Both of you are acting so childish your sisters are being more well behaved than you two."

"Sorry."

"Yeah sorry mom."

Tom tries to hold back a laugh as we ride the rest of the way to the school in silence. When we park I leave my bag for now since we're getting dinner afterward and Crystal was picking me up once they left.

"Lets get a few pictures before you go in."

Trying to hold back a groan I stand with them all taking a dozen or more pictures. Michael calls out to us with Lacy walking beside them mom rushing them over.

"One last picture before you're official graduates."

Placing Lacy in the middle we stand smiling widely as she snaps the picture.

"There you got your picture now we really gotta go."

"Okay, we're going to go find our seats good luck."

Waving to them we walk to the designated room we all gather in while we wait for other students to arrive.

"Has your mom cried yet?"

"More than once since she woke up this morning."

I grin shaking my head as we gather with a few of our other friends. Once everyone arrives Mrs. Carson stands in front of the room clapping her hands to get our attention.

"Everyone we're getting ready to start get in line please don't mess around and be on your best behavior."

Quickly getting in line I stand behind Lacy while Michael goes a few people in front of us. Walking to the auditorium we sit in our seats while Mrs. Carson joins a few of the teachers and other staff on stage. Doing the pledge and National Anthem we take our seats once more.

"Good evening everyone and welcome to our graduation ceremony thank you for joining us. Before we start with the few speeches we have I would like to ask Ms. Marr one of our English teachers who also oversees the theater group to speak with our students."