Twenty-One

Lucas
"That was the best weekend I've had in such a long time."

Michael smiles as we walk to our art class I nod rubbing my eyes as we make our way through the crowd of students.

"It was amazing it really helped."

"Yeah imagine tho if Keith was there he would have jumped in that spring so fast and we never would have got him out."

I smile nodding my head as we finally make it to class sitting at our table I rub the back of my neck yawning.

"Are you okay you look tired."

"Yeah I'm fine I just didn't sleep very well last night I was up with my siblings telling them about the trip. Ally and Rose usually go to bed by nine but they snuck into my room begging me to tell them more. Tom was home from college for the weekend he goes back later today but he wasn't tired either and wanted to catch up so we all sat on the floor talking."

"So I imagine the girls are just as tired?"

"Probably but elementary school isn't as tiring as high school so they'll be fine."

"Maybe try to take a nap after school is over yeah that way you aren't overly tired tonight and not able to sleep."

"I'm going too I'll do my homework and stuff after because I can barely even think straight."

"It also probably didn't help you stayed up late Friday and Saturday night either."

"Hey losing sleep was well worth it I would do it again without a second thought."

"Is she as tired as you?"

"I don't know I haven't bothered to ask I won't be able to talk to her during English because we have that test. Then she's staying after school because she helps with the drama club they're getting ready for a play coming up near the beginning of May."

"How are you going to take the English test?"

"I honestly have no idea it's not very often we get one but I studied as much as I could to refresh myself during science. I'll try to do extra credit a paper or something to help I just hope I can make it through the rest of today."

"You got this just think the more classes you get through the sooner you can get home."

"That's true I'm more than ready for that."

I smile as the teacher hands out paint, some brushes and aprons so we can continue to work on our paintings. Grabbing an easel and stool we go into a corner to work in private and still be able to chat without being disturbing.

"By the way are we all meeting for dinner tomorrow? My mom was going to call but keeps forgetting with everything going on so I figured I would just ask."

"As far as I know yes I'll ask my mom for sure later than text you what she says but I don't see why we wouldn't."

"Okay um can I ask your advice on something?"

"Of course you can."

"It's about Lacy I don't know what exactly to do she told me at the dance she had feelings for me. This past weekend when everyone was in bed we talked a lot about just so many different things. I wanna tell her I have feelings for her but I'm worried that it could ruin everything and I know how basic right. Friends fall for each other they're both worried that it could ruin what they have and it either does or they last. Well, I don't care that it may be basic but I just need some help."

"You care about her and have feelings right? Then just tell her and take it day by day your friendship is strong enough to withstand anything. If for some reason it doesn't work out you can capture back your friendship."

"How do I tell her?"

"Just come right out and say it, man, she'll be happy about it trust me."

"Okay, I will I'll invite her over after school and tell her I want to talk."

"Good luck."

I smile rinsing off my brush before grabbing a smaller one to fix my treelines and adjust the skyline.

"Can you believe that it's almost the middle of March and in a few weeks is spring break?"

"Tell me about it this year is going by pretty quickly February just flew by I can't wait for spring break. The first three days our family is visiting my grandmama and then we'll be meeting up with your family for the rest of break."

"Michael and Lucas verse the pool it's gonna be nice do you think we should visit Keith's family first? My mom said they aren't coming anymore it's just too hard for them right now to think of anything fun."

"Yeah it will be good for them I know his mom really wants to see us again."

I say brushing my hair to the side out of my eyes as I put the finishing touches on my painting. Setting it to dry I clean up waiting for him before we collect our things waiting with the other students to head to our next class.

"Have fun with your lady later."

Michael grins wagging his eyes I shove his shoulder laughing as I head off to Gym class.

-----------

I'm sorry about not updating yesterday I was busy and my reminder didn't go off.