Twenty-Five

Crystal
"Here is to your first day of spring break and to helping me with picking these bridesmaids dresses."

We click our champagne glasses given to us by the bridal store I stand with her as we search the racks.

"Thank you and thank you for allowing me to come with you."

"You're welcome let's look through these blues I want to try and find the deep blue that sort of matches the wedding colors."

"Alright, here let's start with this section I'll hold a dress for you and you tell me yes or no."

She nods her head as we set our glasses down on the table shifting through the dresses we look finding some pretty ones. Some in her price range and some way over search in we chat as we do so.

"You have to try them on since you'll be wearing the one we get hopefully they'll have two more in the style we pick."

"I can't believe we're actually picking out your bridesmaid dresses and then in a few weeks your dress."

"I know and the wedding is in less than two months we have almost everything ready just need the last minute things. We have almost all of the RSVPs along with the decorations we have the place and reception hall. The guys all have their suits we only need a few more chairs some table clothes and nameplates."

"Do you have someone for hair and makeup?"

"Yes, she'll be there to help us get everything ready."

"Good this is going to be wonderful."

She smiles excitedly as we look through more dresses pulling out four dresses that she likes.

"To the dressing room."

Kayla cheers grabbing our drinks we set the hangers on a rack inside the room she sits down finishing the rest of her champagne. Stripping from my shirt and jeans I step into the first dress turning around.

"Can you zip this please?"

"Sure thing."

She zips it up helping me smooth it down before we look in the mirror.

"It looks lovely I don't really like this ruffle thing right here I don't think it sits right. Let's try the next one the one with the fullness to the bottom."

Changing I slip it on grimacing in the mirror she laughs making me do a full turn.

"I hate this please don't make us wear this the cut is so wrong."

"I know it looks better on the hanger next!"

We go through the next two dresses before handing them back and looking at other ones.

"Hey look at this one."

"Oo that's beautiful go try it on come on I think this one might be the one."

Going back to our dressing room I pull the dress on having her zip it twirling my hair up out of my face I turn to her.

"That's it that's the one yes look at how perfect it is I love it we need to get two more."

Kayla grins clapping her hands before snapping a picture she quickly types in her phone before looking at me.

"I sent the picture to the girls we just need to find some shoes for it later we can have them lift the bottom up just a little to show the shoes

"I sent the picture to the girls we just need to find some shoes for it later we can have them lift the bottom up just a little to show the shoes. The fabric is really nice so it will be cool for you all to wear."

Getting back into my clothes we go to the front desk placing the order for the dresses as well as making an appointment for sizing.

"What is next on this list of adventures?"

"Our hair the salon down the street from our place is having a walk in day, you just walk in tell them what you want then pay."

"What are you getting done?"

"I want it colored and trimmed."

"What color?"

"I want it colored a nice burgundy I'll keep it that way for a couple weeks then get it done before the wedding."

"Oo I bet that will look really great."

"Onward."

She cheers we get out to the car turning the radio up as we drive to the salon. We sing along to the radio bodies slightly dancing in our seats Kayla belts out the chorus making me laugh.

"This day has been so much fun I love when we get to hang out together."

"So do I it's always a fantastic time and this particular day is even more special."

I smile at her as we pull into the parking lot heading inside she speaks with the front desk about her hair. Looking around I decide to get my hair done as well adding a few lighter highlight to add to the deep chestnut color hair I already have.

"This is going to be so relaxing."

Kayla grins as we sit in chairs across from each other leaning back and letting the hairdressers work their magic. We chat with them about our day bringing up Kayla's wedding along with her upcoming wedding dress appointment.

"That sounds like it will be a wonderful time congratulations if you'd like your hair colored or anything done before the wedding you're welcome to come here fifty percent off."

"Thank you so much that sounds perfect."

We exchange a smile as we sit letting the color soak into our hair her phone buzzing in her lap.

"Julian wants to know if you're staying for dinner?"

"If you both want."

"We do he's making minestrone soup."

"Oh that sounds heavenly I would love too yes thank you."

She texts him back giving him my reply before we continue talking with hairdressers about spring finally being here.
------------
Sorry about not updating yesterday I only have my phone to write and update with right now my laptop battery isn't working properly. I have to wait and hopefully next month I'll be able to get a new one.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving Forbidden Desire over 3k reads it blows my mind that people are enjoying this story. Thank you for every read, vote, comment and adding it to your reading lists. It means the world to me and I can't completely express just how happy and thankful I am, so again thank you.