Twenty

Crystal
"Pss Crystal pss."

"Hmm?"

Rolling over I look at Kayla rubbing my eyes I grab my phone checking the time.

"It's five thirty are you insane?"

"No we wanted to go watch the sunrise we already packed breakfast you just need to put clothes and shoes on."

"Aren't you guys still tired?"

"Kinda but unlike some people we went to bed and actually slept."

"Shut up."

I smile rubbing my eyes again keeping the blanket pulled up yawning she laughs quitely.

"Give us a few minutes to get dressed we'll meet you out there."

"Great."

She grins leaving the room closing the door shut behind her I roll over gently shaking Lucas's shoulder.

"Hey you it's time to get up."

"Howw?"

He whines burying his face into the pillows letting out a long sigh I smile kissing his shoulder.

"What time is it?"

"After five thirty they want to watch the sunrise."

"What's wrong with those people?"

"Well we were up a bit later than all of them although I didn't know we'd be up this early. They already have breakfast packed we just need to get dressed once we watch we can come back shower and then go hike."

"So no naps?"

"You can have one before dinner come on before they bust in we're still naked."

"Mmm really?"

"We don't have time."

I laugh grabbing my bra quickly getting dressed I wait till he's ready before we join the others. After a few minutes we head outside the cool air waking me more with every step taken.

"It smells like fresh pine."

Lacy smiles as we all breath in deeply we walk along coming to a clearing over looking a small ravine. Julian wipes off a log setting a blanket for us to sit on so our pants don't get wet. Siting beside Kayla I set the bag down passing out the breakfast sandwiches they made.

"This is so peaceful and I can't remember the last time I stopped to watch the sunrise."

Michael says biting into his sandwich as we take some pictures of the sky.

"Hey Crystal can I ask you something?"

"Mhm."

I smile biting my sandwich as Lucas lays his head on my shoulder eating his sandwich.

"How did you meet Kayla?"

"We went to the same elementary school we met in second grade after getting paired to work on a art project together."

"She came over on a Saturday morning and we spent most of the time playing with my toys and watching Scooby Doo instead of actually working."

"That's cute awe and you just stayed friends ever since?"

Lacy smiles as we nod looking at each other grins on both our faces.

"Life's better with her in it we went through everything together, swimming taking dance classes. Play dates going through elementary and starting middle school. Menstruating first dates just everything I remember when she went on her first date with this kid named Nolan. Remember Kayla you literally were so nervous your mom almost canceled."