35

"Bella, sweetie will you get the door!" My mom shouted from downstairs, showing she must be busy if she can't answer it. I sighed, placing the lid back on the mascara before climbing off my bed and walking down the stairs.

I opened the door to find Cody stood on the other side, one hand behind his back, the other hanging by his side. "Hello, Bella Smith." He smiled, brightly.

"You're looking smart." I said, opening the door further so he could step inside. "It's a good look for you."

"Thanks." He happily said as he pulled his hand from behind his back, handing me a bouquet of flowers. "You look good in anything you wear, but you look especially beautiful today." He shyly smiled as I took the flowers out of his hand.

"Thank you." I quietly laughed before stepping forward and kissing him, lightly.

He followed me through the door and my mom greeted us by  peaking her head through from the kitchen. "Hello, Cody." She happily smiled.

"Danielle." He greeted her with a smile. "Thank you for inviting me."

She laughed. "It's nothing, really. It'll be done soon." She said, walking back over to the stove.

Cody slowly wrapped his arm around my waist and looked towards me, a serious look upon his face. "We need to talk later."

I lifted my head up, my eyes meeting his. "We do?" He nodded, which confused me more. "What about?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"I can't tell you that without giving away the whole conversation." He said,  his fingers softly digging into my skin. "We'll talk about it later, Bella Smith."

I sighed, placing my hand against his, my fingers tracing across his skin. "Okay." I quietly said, and he smiled.

"So," My mom said, cutting a piece of chicken. "How are you enjoying the holidays." She asked Cody, who lifted his head up with a smile after softly kicking my foot.

"Good. I'm happy I can finally get sleep." He happily said, but laughed shortly after I kicked him back. "I bet Bella is too, right?" He turned to me, waiting for me to answer the question.

"What?" I giggled, my eyes trailing towards the table.

"What's so funny?" Asked my mom, she looked confused, which only made me laugh more. "Is something wrong with the food?" She asked again.

I shook my head. "Food's great, mom." I said, looking away from Cody.

"So, Cody." My dad suddenly started speaking, that's when we both stopped laughing, because he looked so serious, it killed our smiles. "What Grades were you predicted last year?"

"Seriously?" I asked, but he ignored me, looking straight towards Cody.

"Straight A's." Cody answered, suddenly sounding nervous. I bit my lip and looked down at my plate, scraping my vegetables to one side.

"Is that what you got?" He asked.

Cody shook his head, looking disappointed in himself. "I got 5 A's and 2 B's."

"What were the B's in?"

"French and Biology."

They both fell silent for a while, which was making me nervous. I couldn't tell if my dad was impressed, or if he was just thinking, but either way, I couldn't help but want to say something.

"Not bad." He said after a moment and I felt the relief hit me. Cody finally breathed, lifting his head up from the table. "Although, if you didn't ditch, you might have got them A's."