25

"Bella!" My dad yelled from the bottom of the stairs. "Come here, I want to talk to you."

I groaned, pulling myself away from my bed before walking to the door and making my way down the stairs. I hadn't properly spoke to my dad since what happened with him and Codys mom, so him shouting me down was quite a surprise to me.

"Hi." I quietly said once I reached the bottom step, following my dad into the kitchen. "Why do you want to talk to me?"

"Well, me and your mom were talking." He said when he started to fill the dish washer. "We've decided to unground you."

"What?" I ask in surprise, throwing my head up to meet my dads gaze. "Are you serious?"

He nodded, placing the last glass inside the dishwasher before closing it shut. "Yeah, I'm serious." He said, happily. "You've proved to us that you can work hard, and for that we forgive you."

I didn't think about my next move, instead I jumped forward and wrapped my arms around his neck, excitement getting the better of me. "Thank you! Thank you!" I shouted when my dad chuckled, wrapping his arms tightly around my back. "Thank you, I love you!"

"Love you too, Bella." He laughed when I pulled away. "Listen, I need you to do something for me."

"Sure, anything." I smiled, sitting myself on the counter. "What do you need help with?"

"That thing you saw between me and.. Well, you know." He coughed, awkwardly. "All of the arguing between us? Can you just.. Just, please don't mention it in front of your mom."

After a moment of being silent, I lifted my head up and nodded, signalling that I won't mention it. Not in front of mom, at least.

"Thank you." He breathed out a sigh of relief, placing a gentle kiss against my forehead. "I'm going to be late for work, and you're going to be late for school."

I nodded, following him into the passageway, opening the door to reveal a slightly nervous Cody stood on the other side. His eyes widened in surprise when he stood up straight, placing both of his hands in his pockets. "Good Morning, Mr Smith. Is Bella home?"

My dad sighed, leaning against the door frame when he looked straight towards Cody who noticed me walking up behind him. "Does your mom know that you come for my daughter on a morning?"

Cody nodded before gulping, nervously. "I'm not grounded anymore, sir." He spoke, catching me slightly by surprise. "I'm just here to walk her to school."

He nodded, standing up straight before turning around to meet my gaze. "Have a nice walk to school, I need to catch this train." He said before fumbling with his keys and pressing unlock. Soon enough he was smoothly driving down the road.

"That was weird." Cody chuckled when I flung my backpack over my shoulder and shut the door, locking it behind me.

"Tell me about it." I spoke, taking his hand and stepping forward to lightly kiss him on the lips. "Hi, by the way."

"Good Morning, Bella Smith." He smiled, wrapping his arm around the small of my back whilst we lingered on my front porch. "I can't believe I'm not grounded anymore." He smiled to himself, resting his chin against my head.

"I can, I'm not grounded either." I pulled away and looked up at him, a smile forming on my lips. Cody looked at me in surprise before laughing slightly.

"Seriously?" He asked, in which I nodded to. "Wow, that's weird but absolutely amazing. I'm so happy, Bella Smith!" He laughed, pulling me in for another hug as he lifted me off the grounded, causing me to laugh harder and catch me by surprise at the same time.