13

"Bella, me and your father are going out for lunch. Want to come?" My mom asks as I walk down the stairs. I did get changed, but not into anything special. A buttoned up shirt and a pair of jeans was it.

"Thanks, but I have plans." I simply respond whilst grabbing my phone off the small table that's stood by the door. My mom throws me a curious look as she hands me my jacket that was hanging off the banister. "I shouldn't be home too late."

"Are you going out with a boy?" She nudges my arm, a grin shaped on her lips. My mouth fell open, but no words came out when she started to laugh. "Who is it? Belles, you can tell me." She's smiling now.

"Cody." I answer, deciding not to lie. I felt my cheeks heat up as I quickly put my coat on. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I giggle.

"Looking at you like what?" She teases, rolling her eyes. I sigh as I slouch against the wall, running my fingers through my hair. "You really like him, don't you?"

"Yeah." I mumble. My attempt at stopping myself from smiling failed as my mom began to laugh again. "Nothing good ever stays with me, mom. I don't want to mess this up." I bite my lip.

She suddenly steps forward, grabbing the two sides of my jacket as she straightens it for me. "He's stupid if he doesn't like you." She smiles, pushing a spare strand of hair out of my eye, tucking it behind my ear. "You're a daughter to be proud of."

"I think you're a mom to be proud of." I laugh, wrapping my arms around her, pulling her forward for a quick hug.

Seconds later, the doorbell went off and I suddenly felt nervous when my mom looked towards me, a smile still plastered on her lips. "Go have fun." She whispers, softly kissing my forehead. "But, don't be home too late. You know what your dad's like."

"What am I like?" I suddenly hear him as he comes around the corner, stepping out into the open passageway. My mom sighs, loudly before taking her coat and walking closer towards him. "Aren't you coming, Bella?" He asks, his arm snaking around my moms waist.

"She's going out with a boy." My mom giggles as I open the porch door, leading to the main door.

My dad turns to the door, noticing the figure behind it, then looks back at me and smirks. "Is it Cody?" He chuckles, pushing his fingers back through his hair. Sometimes I'm thankful I have such laidback parents.

"How'd you know that?" I laugh as I back towards the main door.

"Bella, when are you not with the kid." He grins, looking back towards my mom. "Anyway, go have fun. Don't be home too late." He suddenly smiles, giving me one last wave.

"I wont." I finally say before opening the door, meeting Codys eyes on mine. "Sorry." I laugh, nervously, stepping completely out the door.

"Don't worry about it, I heard you talking to your parents." He chuckles, softly before placing his hands in his pockets. I only smile, looking down towards the ground. "You look really nice, by the way." He suddenly says.

I felt my stomach jump as I lift my head back up and smile, letting the wind blow my hair past my shoulders. "I just thrown this on." I grin, my fingers feeling against the material of the bottom of my shirt. "You look nice." I add.

"I just thrown this on." He teases, a smile clear on his lips. I only roll my eyes as I wrap my jacket further around my body. "Cold?" He asks.

"A little." I smile as we stop at the side of the road. I watch Cody as he flags a cab. "Where are you taking me, anyway?" I ask.

He turns to me, a smile clear on his lips. "The beach." He chuckles as he rocks back and forth on his heels. "What are you giving me that look for?" He suddenly asks.