19

The wind blew past, blowing the blanket that me and Cody fell asleep with, slightly off our collided bodies. I'm surprised that I even managed to fall asleep, but somehow I did, and I don't know if it was the alcohol, or Codys arm that was draped across my waist the entire night. Either way, I did.

"Fucking wind." Cody suddenly mutters, slowly sitting up to pull the cover back over us before flopping back down onto the hard ground, his arm making it's way back around my waist. "Good morning, Bella Smith."

His voice is croaky; his words are a little harder to understand than usual, but overall, he sounded much hotter.

"Good morning Cody." I giggle, picking up his hand with my own before gently bending back his fingers. "Did you sleep well?"

"I always sleep well when you're beside me." He sighs, rolling onto his back, his spare arm resting above his head. "How about you, did you sleep well?" He suddenly sits up.

"Surprisingly." I admit. He chuckles, pushing his fingers through his hair. "I don't understand why we slept here though, when we both have beds at home." I shrug my shoulders.

"It's romantic." He smirks when I sit up. I throw him a confused look when he held onto my shoulders and pushed me back down, kneeling over me. "Falling asleep wasn't my intention, but I still enjoyed it." He shrugs.

"Me too." I smile, shutting my eyes for a moment. My head was pounding, but I did everything in my power to try and ignore it.

He suddenly sighs, his teeth gripping onto his lower lip, his hands still connected to my shoulders. "I need to go soon." He mutters. The second I opened my mouth to speak, he spoke again. "I'll walk you home first, I still need to get changed." He adds.

"Where do you need to go?" I ask, instantly regretting the question by the change in his face.

"I just have some errands to run." He replies, moving his hands down my arms until he reaches my own hands, sliding his fingers in between mine. "Don't worry though, I'll see you tonight, if not, tomorrow."

"Right." I smile, sitting up when shuffling back a little. "It's getting cold, can we walk back now?" I then ask, suddenly wanting to get back to my house, back into the warmth.

Codys smile fades, but still slightly stays on his lips as he nods and moves off me, picking up the blanket and folding it up. I didn't even know the time, I just know that right now, I don't care.

"Come on." Cody says, finally finding his voice as he softly wipes his eyes and takes my hand again, his fingers sliding in between mine. I sigh, following him down the stairs when he lets go of my hand for a second and slides the blanket back into the drawer.

He looks up at me and smiles, brightly before taking my hand again, walking out the door with me. The second we reach the main street, I look up at him to ask him a question. "When do you want your sweater back?"

He looks towards the jumper for a moment, before finally looking back up at me. "Just keep hold of it for now."

I nod, looking down towards the pavement as we turn the corner. Everything seems so different in daylight compared to night time. It's almost as if you're in a completely different place when you're walking down the same street the next day.

"I really like spending time with you, Bella Smith." Cody abruptly says in a shaky tone of voice. I look up, meeting his gaze fixed on mine and I was suddenly at a loss for words. "You're really fun, to just spend time with."

"Thank you." I laugh, a smile reaching my lips. "I really like spending time with you, too."

Cody grins, his messy hair falling forward slightly as he looks towards the pavement to hide his smile. What he didn't realise, was I liked seeing him smile. A smile genuinely shows that you're having fun, that smile, is a smile you can't fake.