12

It's a typical Wednesday lunchtime where me and my friends all gathered around one table and talked, or read, or ate. Me and Alli are sharing chocolate buttons whilst she studies and I try to get a chapter of this book read for English class.

Ryan's sitting opposite me, like he always does but he hasn't said a word to me since I got here. He looked up, rolled his eyes and looked back down at his text book before writing something down for one of his classes.

"Cody!" Josh suddenly yells. Everyone on the table looked up, including me when he stopped Cody from walking any further. Me and Cody hadn't spoke since we went to counselling on the Sunday, we both simply went home and just didn't speak. "Come sit with us."

Cody had really grew on Josh since the party the other night. I'm not even sure why, but I wasn't complaining. At least somebody on the table will stick up for him when everybody else decides to criticise him.

Me and Alli shuffled up when Cody walked over and happily sat next to me. I could still see the awkwardness in his eyes as he looked towards everybody else, though.

"Hey." Cody suddenly says, to all of us I'm guessing.

"You kind of just disappeared on Friday, is everything okay?" Josh asks, looking towards Cody who's body tenses, but he simply nods. I took that moment to take his hand under the table and squeeze it, softly. "Are you sure?"

"Positive, I just started to feel sick." Cody responds as he slides his fingers in between mine. "It was great though, thanks for inviting me.. Kind of." He laughs, looking towards me.

"You'll definitely be invited to the next one, I guess I got you wrong." Josh smiles as he changes position so he's sitting cross-legged, creating less room for everybody else. "Feel free to sit with us. You don't have to stand out there all the time you know, it's cold." He chuckles.

"Thanks." Cody answers, still holding onto my hand. "Ryan are you going to say something or are you going to sit there and pull faces?" He suddenly snaps.

"You're a complete asshole, you know that?" Ryan throws his head up, dropping his pen from the hold of his fingers. Cody sighs, slowly licking his lips. "You're full of shit. I mean, if you're going to sit with us now, you might as well be honest."

"About what?" Cody leans further across the table, looking directly towards Ryan.

"You didn't leave because you were sick and you know it." He scoffs, pushing his text book away from him. "You left because you ran into someone you don't want to see." Codys hand suddenly loosened from mine as he pulled it away completely.

"How do you know about that?" He asks, his voice sounding less threatening, almost as if he'd lost.

"Have you spoke to her yet?" Ryan doesn't answer his question, he just asks another. Cody doesn't say anything, he closes his mouth and looks towards the table. "Do you want me to tell you why she wanted to speak to you? God you're such a man-whore." He says, his eyes full of disgust.

"Ryan!" I yell, a little louder than intended whilst throwing my book at him, the object whacking against his head before falling to the ground.

"Would you stop getting involved!" Ryan snaps as he throws his head towards me. "This isn't about you, Bella. No need to stick up for him every second of the stupid day."

"No, I want to stick up for him because I like him." I bite my lip, unsure of why I've just said that aloud. Cody throws his head towards me, as does everybody else. And Ryan, he opened his mouth to speak, but only closed it again. "It's his secret, not yours. So why don't you just shut up for once."