17

Cody Simpson.

"Stretch your arms out a little further, hon." The woman in the shop smiles delightfully as she slides her hands down my arm and pulls them out. "You're almost done." She says, tugging a little on this black blazer I'm forced to wear.

"This is bullshit." I mutter as she holds a measuring tape down the suit.

"Language, Cody." My dad scolds me from across the room. I roll my eyes, keeping them locked on the wall in front of me. I felt strangely uncomfortable letting some lady feel around my body, I hate being in positions like this.

I sigh, not being able to do much since I was stuck standing in the same position. We had been at this for 30 minutes, and thankfully, I was almost finished.

"Do I really have to go to this wedding? I don't want to." I mumble as the woman finishes making last minute adjustments. "And I look stupid in this suit." I sigh.

"You look nice." He chuckles when the woman steps away, signalling she's finished. My dad grabs the front of the blazer and slowly pulls on it. "And yes, you have to go. You're gonna have to be away from Bella for one day."

"This isn't about Bella." I retaliate, shivers running down my spine at the sound of her name. My dad smiles as he lets go and stands back. "Right, how do you think it looks?" I ask, stretching my arms back up.

"I really like it." He chuckles, looking the suite up and down. The jeans were skinny, which thankfully, made me feel better. It was basically black jeans, a white shirt, a blazer and a tie. "It screams Cody." He suddenly says.

"Thanks." I softly laugh, stepping off the platform. "I'm going to get changed now." I say, taking off my blazer as I walk down the hallway.

"Cody," My dad suddenly says. I stop, turning myself around to meet his stare fixed on me. "What happened to your arm?"

I look down at the white bandage on my arm, only some parts of it are a faded red from the blood that has seeped through. I bite my lip, completely forgetting that it was even there. I should have rolled my sleeves all the way down, but they were already rolled up, so I kept it like that, not even acknowledging the bandage itself.

"I fell." I lie, not sure on what else to say. He throws me a curious look as I scratch the back of my neck, slowly thinking of an excuse. "I was going to the store, and I was running, and I slipped and fell on it. It's all grazed."

He walks closer towards me and takes my hand, his fingers softly running down the bandage. "Why didn't you tell me, or your mom?" He asks.

"Because you're always working, and mom doesn't give a shit." I shrug, pulling my hand away from him, placing them back down by my sides.

"Language." He sighs, pushing his fingers through his hair. "Look, go get changed and we'll talk about this later."

I didn't say anything in response, I simply sighed and walked down the corridor to the changing rooms, leaving my dad alone in the other room.

"Cody, is that you?" My mom asks the second I slam the door shut. I sigh, placing my keys against the counter, along with the bag of meds I got from the chemist.

"Yeah, mom. It's me." I say as I walk into the kitchen to find her stood by the oven, putting something into it before slamming it shut and putting the towel down on the counter.

"How was your fitting?" She asks, rinsing her hands under the sink. "Dad said you liked the suit." She smiles.

"It was good." I laugh, placing my jacket on the back of the door. "I mean, I expected it to be horrible but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be."