5

Despite the fact that I went to Codys house with him to avoid him and his mom arguing last night, they still ended up arguing all night. From the moment I left she was up in his face asking him questions and I could blatantly hear it from my bedroom. So once again, I barely got sleep last night.

"Are you in, Bella?" Alli nudges me with a smile on her face. I could barely even process what she was saying, I was too busy falling asleep whilst thinking about not being able to fall asleep.

"What?" I lift my head up, meeting the gaze of Ryan, Josh and Alli who are all looking at me in a puzzled kind of way. "Sorry, I'm not myself today."

"That's obvious." Ryan smiles from across the table. "We're all going ice skating tonight. You're coming right?" He asks as he shoves a fry in his mouth. I move my head over to Alli before placing my fingers against my temples.

"I can't, I have plans." I mumble in response before shutting my eyes. I didn't even want to see the funny looks I was getting off them right now. "Have fun tonight, though.. Gosh, I think I need pain relief." My head falls on the table as I shut my eyes again.

"Who do you have plans with?" Josh's forehead creases as he stares at me in confusion. "Come on, Bella. We always do something on a Friday night!" He smiles.

"I know, I'm sorry." I sigh as I push my fingers through my hair. "It's just that me and Cody have plans this weekend." I wasn't going to tell them about Cody, but they've already probably figured it out anyway. Ryan looks away from my gaze and pulls out his phone, almost as if he was trying to distract himself from something.

"Since when do you hang out with Cody?" Jake asks as he takes a bite into his sandwich, causing small pieces of lettuce to fall out of the other side.

"We walk home sometimes." I shrug my shoulders. Everybody looks up at me, catching my gaze, none of them look amused in the slightest, apart from Alli, who's smile was gradually growing. "What?" I sigh.

"Whatever." Jake sighs, his eyes gazing past me to the door behind me. I turn around to stare where he is. Cody is leaned against the wall, a cigarette perched between his lips as he looks down at his phone, typing something. "We still want you to join us, though. So go invite him."

"You're okay with him coming?" I turn back to him, curiosity showing in my tone. Jake shrugs his shoulders before picking his sandwich back up. That's when I turn to Ryan who isn't even looking at me anymore. "I'm going to talk to him."

Alli smiles at me as I pick up my backpack and walk towards the door. In all honesty, it annoys me how Jake expects me to keep my friends and not make new ones. If he actually spoke to Cody he would understand that he's a fun person to hang out with.

"Bella Smith." Cody speaks, snapping me out of my daydream. I throw my head up towards him and throw him a smile as I sit on the wall. "You look tired. I should probably apologise." He chuckles, lightly.

"So apologise." I answer back as I swing my legs around. "Whatever, I need to talk to you." I say after a while of him not apologising. Cody turns all of his attention towards me as he flicks the remaining ash off of his cigarette on the pavement.

"So talk to me." He smirks.

"My stupid friends are basically making me come ice skating." I sigh, refusing to look him in the eyes. Cody opened his mouth to speak, but I interrupted him again. "Can you come? They've invited you, and it'll be a lot more fun with you there." I practically beg.

The words he went to speak have now disappeared as he closed his mouth again. A mischievous smile shapes on his lips as he looks in the window towards all of my friends. "I'm not sure, your boyfriend might get mad." He laughs, softly.