21

The sound of a hand smacking off the wooden table catches me out of my thoughts when I throw my head up. My teacher is looking over me, a smile planted on his slightly lop-sided looking face with his hand resting on the sheet of paper he just laid down.

"I was surprised, well done, Bella." He said before walking away in one swift move to hand the next paper to a student.

I was too tired to even be nervous, I simply looked down and saw my paper with a big, bold looking A on the front. For a moment I was proud, my studying finally paid off. But the novelty soon wore off with my eyelids slowly beginning to close on me.

"Bella, well done!" Ryan praises me, his shoulder slightly bumping into mine. My heart beat suddenly sped up. "I knew you could do it." The small smile on his lips gradually grew.

"Thanks." I smile, my head falling against my hand as I yawn. My sleep deprivation is terrible now, it's gotten to the point where I'll wake up in the night, either from nightmares of from my body refusing to rest.

"We're going to start fresh on a new topic tomorrow, don't be late." The teacher suddenly says when he reaches his desk, fumbling for some papers. "Class dismissed."

I reach for my bag, pulling the strap over my shoulder before walking out of the door, Ryan walking beside me. "Is everything okay with you?" He asks, holding me against a wall to try and get an answer out of me.

"Everything's fine, why?" I ask abruptly, my tiredness getting the better of me. His eyes squint, his eyebrows furrowing in curiosity. "Look, I'm just a little tired."

"A little?" He asks, his thumb softly rubbing underneath my eye. "You look like you haven't slept in days, Bella."

"Well you're wrong, I'm fine." I snap, throwing my head up to meet his gaze. "Don't you have an extra class to go to?"

He sighs, pushing his fingers back through his hair. "Fucking extra credit." He mutters, finally stepping away from me. "I'm gonna call you tonight, make sure you're alright." His tongue suddenly glides across his lower lip before he looks down at the ground. "Okay?"

"Have a good class." I ignore his question, beginning to walk down the hall. He was soon out of sight and I was alone. That was when the pounding in my head started, along with the aching in my neck and my eyelids, pulling down on me.

A huge sigh escapes my lips as I fall against the lockers, my fingers pushing my hair out of my face. I need to escape, not be in school anymore. If anything, the stress from here is driving me insane.

"You're wrong." A high pitched laugh suddenly came into sound when I shut my eyes, hitting my head against the locker. "Honestly, you were so drunk you wouldn't even be able to remember." She laughs again.

"My drunk moments are not my proudest." A very familiar voice suddenly pierced my ears, causing my eyes to snap open. "I have biology in ten minutes, are you going to be okay?"

"Cody, I'm only studying, I'll be fine." The girl suddenly says. "Thanks for making sure, though."

"Bella?" I suddenly hear Cody shout my name when I turn my head towards both Cody and Amy walking around the corner. "Is everything okay?" He asks, rocking back and forth awkwardly on his feet.

"Great." I throw him a sarcastic remark, my eyes rolling around in their sockets.

"You know Amy.." He holds his arm out, pointing towards the unnaturally skinny, blonde-haired girl stood beside him. "This is Bella." He says to the girl.

She didn't even greet me, she simply smiled and looked down towards her feet. "I'm going to the study lounge." She said to him, pulling his hand back.  "Can you walk me there?" I watched her lean forward, now standing on the tips of her toes.