Chapter 23

Once our big dinner is over, everyone begins to disperse either to their quarters or back outside to enjoy the night. I head upstairs, Darius being close behind. I'm sure he's fuming from our little chat at dinner. Once we both enter, he shuts the door behind him...but I hear the lock click as well. I'm facing the bed while I hear him coming up behind me slowly. My heart is pounding in my chest, wondering what he's going to do.

"You were right. I haven't been a real teammate. We're in this together right..?" He touches my shoulder guiding me to turn around, "But you have to let me in..." his hand moves from my shoulder to my cheek. I don't flinch because I don't want to anger him. I don't want him to touch anywhere else.
"You're still afraid of me yet you had the nerve to pull that bullshit under the table. You dressed pretty cute tonight...was that for me?" He says, moving his hand from my cheek to play with one of my straps.

"Hell no. I don't do anything for you," I growl.

"No, I think you did...part of you wanted to catch my attention...you are mated to me. Part of you wants me to do it again..."

"Well the conscious part of me despises you. Whatever you did to me, I don't want it again."

"Yeah you do...quit denying it." He moves closer, almost pressing me against the bed.

"I'm not denying anything..."

"You are. You want me, Josi." He keeps pressing against me.

"Darius..." He starts leaning closer, barely touching my lips.

"What~?"

"Get away from me..."

"I'm not harming you..." he says softly. So badly I want to push him away but this time, I can't find the will.

"You know what you're doing to me..."

"What?? I haven't even touched you...anything happening to you is of your own accord..."

"I'm not in the mood..."

"Your scent says otherwise...come on, let me take care of you..."

"No! Don't touch me!" I finally muster up enough anger and common sense to shove him away.

"I offer to treat you right, you're mad at me, I do something wrong you're mad at me, I can't do anything right!" He gripped his curly hair. "What more do you want?!"

"I want to go home!"

"We've been over this!"

"Im tired of going over it, I want it to happen! I want to go!"

"Well you can't have what you want!"

"Why not?! You get to have everything! I want my family!" I shove him again.

"Well I want you! I always have! I guess there's something we both can't have!"

"Bullshit, it's not the same! What if I made you live in my pack with me and I told you that you don't have a pack or family anymore, screw your mother and everyone you've ever loved there, I'm all you have now and you'll never get them back! How about that, huh?!" I shout in his face. He looks at me as if he wants to say something, make a comeback but he doesn't have one. He's lost because he knows it's true. "That's what I thought...you'd be just as upset."

"No. I'd suck it up and deal with it because that's what the goddess provided me. This is what she provided you."

"She provided me Elijah and now I'm away from him because of you! You took me from him!"

"Oh please, like he was even worthy of you." He rolls his eyes.

"Oh what? You think you are? You think you're above him because you're not. He's the superior alpha and you know it!" He suddenly grabs me and shoves me onto the bed, growling very close to my face.

"You listen here and you listen good you little whore, you shut your fucking mouth before I really give you something to cry about. I'll treat you like the little slut you are." He smirks, licking over my mark slowly, causing me to shiver.

"Please stop..." I plead with him.

"Why should I? This mark makes you mine. You belong to me so I should do what I please."

"Darius please don't do this..." he looks into my teary eyes. It's almost as if he realizes he shouldn't do this.

"As much as you deserve it..." he suddenly let's go and gets off of me. "I'm not gonna force it. Just get some rest..." he walks into the bathroom. I don't get it...he was just about to...

He's fighting it, Josi...somehow, you're getting through to him...he would've done it because his wolf was telling him to...but he resisted. This is the first time he actually fought back. You should get some rest before he changes his mind.

Will do. I don't want to face that again... I dry my eyes and start to get changed into some sleepwear. I have one of Elijah's shirts tucked into my things but Darius hasn't noticed it yet. Elijah gave it to me the day I was brought back home after being kidnapped. I was cold and didn't want me to be alone so he gave me his shirt and held me the whole night. He always protected me and made me feel safe...god, what I would give to feel like that again. After getting changed, I grab a blanket and a pillow, making myself a spot to sleep on the floor. I lay down, wrapping myself in a blanket. Quickly, I find myself asleep after such a long day.