Chapter 4

Once I arrive downstairs, I find my place between my father and sister. They have already begun eating while everyone else's eyes are on me. My father looks up because he seems confused as to why it's suddenly so silent. He then sees they're trying to tell the difference between my sister and I. He clears his throat and everyone snaps their attention to my father.

"As you all may know, my twin children will be turning 18 in 5 days. They have a party that will be going on. I would like you all to spread the word and be present." The table remains silent besides the subtle nodding. Nice save dad.

"Well...good to know you're all very enthusiastic about this."

"Oh, of course Alpha! We've been waiting for this moment since they were born but...we do worry for Josilus..." I look up at the sound of my name.

"Please, there is no need to worry. I will be fine and everything will go as planned," I respond to the anxious pack member.

"Yes Josilus..." he nods. I notice Elijah's eyes drilling into my soul. After eating for a few moments, I glance at the tall man across from me.

"Do you need something, Captain?"

"No, why would you think that?" The tiniest sly smirk is on his face.

"I could feel you prodding me with your eyes," I retort, taking a bite of my food.

"I can't look at my Prince?" I nearly choke on my mashed potatoes.

Is he trying to claim me? No no, he wouldn't...he treats me like a little kid too much...of course not...he wouldn't see me as anything more. I clear my throat.

"I suppose that's not a crime...but I'm trying to eat in peace so, if you don't mind-"

"Josilus, I would like to talk to you once dinner Is finished. As your Captain, of course."

"Yes...of course. Any specific place to meet?"

"Cherry blossom tree. You know which one." My cheeks get hot and flooded with pink.

"A-alright..." I comply.

What do you think he wants from me?

I don't know about him but his little friend is barking dirty things at me~

Of course you like that...you little slut.

You know that I know your thoughts too? We're two parts of the same mind. You masterba-

DON'T LECTURE ME ABOUT ELIJAH AROUSING ME OKAY?! IVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR MOUTH SO SHUT IT.

Elijah smiles and looks down at his food. He's about finished. It doesn't take long for his plate to be cleared and for him to be outside and waiting for me. Still blushing and nervous, my father and sister have eyes on me in concern. As I slowly eat my food.

"Josi?" Jru asks me.

"Y-yes?"

"What's wrong? Your face is so red."

"N-nothing. I'm done with dinner, gonna freshen up bye-" I say quickly, not making eye contact and running to my room. I look at myself in the mirror and decide to let my hair down. I decide mascara would be a nice touch to bring out my eyes. Elijah likes to stare apparently...so I have to make myself look as appealing as possible. I have this gut feeling that he's trying to target me... like he wants me to be...

I'm in way over my head. With that, I head outside to that tree...the one cherry tree where he made me fall for him...both figuratively and literally...