Chapter 12

Some time after I talked to my father the night has come...the moon shines over us now, round, red and full of light. It's finally time to meet my other half, the one who will determine what comes next, my future, the rest of my life. This is it. That disgusting pig also had been taken out of captivity so that he may be given a fair chance like everyone else. At the stroke of nine, my sister and I both take deep breaths and walk to the center, surrounded by all packs and members. It has begun. Our eyes all glow strongly as our power is at it's fullest. We look at each other, waiting for someone to step up. To my surprise, my own best friend is first but of course, he isn't looking at me.

"Jru...?" He says hesitantly. My sister is just as shocked as I am. He walks towards her with his golden eyes before she embraces him, feeling the the bond their wolves have. It was always written in the stars. I can't help but be happy for my sister and best friend, now he will be my brother in law. I know he will keep her happy. I look back to the crowd of men women and children, I hear some bickering in the back for a moment about something. That's when both Elijah and...no this can't be right...Darius is walking up as well. The two look at each other, both trying to assert dominance. I can't tell who my mate is...I feel a certain pull for the both of them...could I have two male mates...? I can't allow Darius to have me so I go straight to Elijah. I can't let such a person touch me ever again. I embrace Elijah but...something is off. This isn't how I always imagined it would feel, not how it was described to me when I was told how it would feel when I confirmed my mate through physical touch on my 18th birthday. They said it would send a feeling of euphoria and love through my body. What's going on?

"Josilus...I know what you're thinking but I have a plan..." He whispers as he holds me in his arms. I remain silent and hold him tight.

"This is bullshit!" Darius yells in anger and frustration,"There's no way he gets him over me! I always get what I want and I can feel our bond! He's mine!" Some warriors grab him and drag him back to his cell. I don't know what's going on and now I'm terrified...Darius really is my mate but if that's the case, what's Elijah?