Chapter 5

Upon arriving outside, I see Elijah waiting for me, leaning up against the tree with his arms crossed.
"You finally made it."

"I was inside for five minutes." I try to defend myself.

"You're such a girl," he jokes. I punch him in the arm. "You hit like one too," he laughs.

"S-shut up!" I blush in embarrassment.

"Okay, Okay, settle down. You remember this tree, right?"

"Yeah...how could I forget? I almost died."

"That was the day we first officially met. You were hiding from your dad at the top of the damn tree and I looked up, thinking you were in some kind of trouble and called your name."

"And I was sleeping so I jumped right up, falling out of the tree...but luckily, I landed right into your arms."

"You were crying like a baby." He chuckles. "You still have those scars?" I look down at myself, rolling up the right side of my sweater, exposing marks from a branch I hit on my way down from the fall. They wont go away no matter what I do. Elijah steps closer to me, hovering his hand over the scars on my waist. "Does it still hurt...?" he looks into my eyes. I shake my head.

"No...you can touch it," I tell him with my eyes on his face. He lightly touches them with his fingertips...he moves closer to me...dangerously close...

Nng...J-Josi...I can't wait for our mate, can't we-

N-no! I'm not doing that...

But he wants to, you want to. Its only right.

No, Brel! I'm the next leader of the pack and I have to keep pure in order go keep from being reject-

Next thing I know, Elijah's hand is cupping my cheek and his thumb is gently rubbing back and forth against it...his face centimeters from mine.

"I'm still...really sorry about this...you got hurt because of me..."

"E-Elijah..."

"I want to make it up to you..." his lips aren't even a millimeter away. I start breathing heavily.

"E-Elijah we can't to this..." I pull away from him and run inside, tearing up because I so badly want to act on those feelings I have but I can't.

"Josi?" my sister who's in the hall, sees my tears and tries to talk to me but I run to my room and lock the door.