"Too many tacos?"

Start from the beginning

"Toby." First name that popped into your head, who knows why.

"Where's he from?"

"Brooklyn." You mentally punched yourself, but hoped Tony wouldn't catch on to that. There are literally millions of other places you could name, but you chose the one that he was actually from. You saw Steve's eyebrow twitch.

"You go back to his place after?"

"Yes." You pretended not to notice the slight pink tint to Steve's cheeks.

"Where does he live now?"

"Five blocks down." Your ability to lie quickly came to you as a shock. You never thought of yourself as a good liar, but with such an important secret to keep, you supposed it just came easily.

Tony put his mug of coffee down on the table loudly. "What did he order?"

"Enchiladas."

"It was a burrito, actually," Steve corrected, but his eyes widened when he realized what he just did. Your lips parted as you quickly looked at him.

"That was easier than I thought it would be." Natasha smirked at you.

"I mean, I'm just guessing." Steve was trying to play it off. "Guys really like burritos." 

You shook your head and dropped it back into your hands again.

"I'm actually hurt that you two didn't tell us you were dating." Tony frowned. "How long has this been going on?" He gestured between you two.

"I don't know what you mean. We're not--." Steve was trying to backtrack, but failing miserably.

You sighed. "Almost six months."

"Six months?" Tony raised an eyebrow at you.

Natasha chuckled. "I knew it from the beginning. You two are terrible liars and suck at keeping secrets." You frowned at her. "What? You think I'm the only one who noticed the way he looks at you or the way you stare at him?"

"Yeah I noticed it, too." Sam casually inserted himself into the conversation as he walked into the kitchen. "And so did Barton, we were talking about it the other night." He grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and filled it with cereal. "Oh, I'm pretty sure Bruce brought it up once or twice." He poured milk on top. "Just last night actually Rhodey mentioned how you guys were both absent." He took a seat next to Steve. "Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I've talked to everyone about you guys." He finally noticed that you and Steve were staring at him. "What?"

"So, you're telling me that everyone knew about us?" Steve asked.

All three of them nodded. You couldn't hide the shocked expression that crossed your face. You and Steve had been trying so hard to keep your relationship hidden because you didn't want it to affect your jobs, but now you were finding out that it was never hidden to begin with.

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

Sam shrugged. "All the stuff you made up was really funny," he said over a mouthful of cereal.

"Ew," you mumbled. You could feel another round of nausea hit you and your hands massaged your temples, hoping that would make it go away. You weren't sure if it was because of the food poisoning or finding out that everyone knew your secret. Steve's concerned gaze fell on you. "I'm gonna be sick." You pushed away from the table quickly and sprinted to the bathroom.

When you got there, you did nothing but dry-heave since you hadn't had anything to eat since the night before and that came up hours ago. You sat gagging over the toilet for a few seconds before a comforting hand started rubbing circles on your back while the other held your hair out of your face. You didn't have to look to know who it was.

"Are you okay?" Steve's voice was filled with worry. You shook your head, but that made the nausea worse.

"No," you mumbled. You sat back and leaned against him, your eyes closed to block out the bathroom light. His arms wrapped around you and pulled you closer. "I guess this is what I get for lying."

You felt Steve's frame shake as he laughed. "Maybe we shouldn't lie anymore."

You didn't respond, just nodded as you relaxed in Steve's arms and let the feeling of his chest rising then falling comfort you. You stayed there even when your nausea eventually disappeared. You could even feel yourself beginning to drift off to sleep and you would have if you hadn't felt Steve move. 

"Let's get you back to bed." He lifted you up easily and carried you back to your room.

He laid you down on your bed, made sure you were covered with a blanket, and leaned down to kiss your forehead. Once he pulled away, you grabbed his hand that was still resting on your cheek.

"Stay." You opened your eyes a sliver to see him looking down at you.

"Okay." You scooted over on the bed to give him room before he climbed in next to you. 

When he got comfortable, your head moved to rest on his shoulder. You could feel the warmth radiating off him and that made you move even closer as you were suddenly overwhelmed with a sense of being cold. He shifted slightly and pressed another kiss to the top of your head before he turned so his cheek was against your hair. He could smell your shampoo and a small smile crossed his lips. He began running his fingers through it. 

You smiled at the feeling and pretty soon you were asleep.